Originally Posted by calvinslawnservices View Post
A little too basic...
I agree.I will add more content later.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grounds Crew View Post
what's the reason for going basic?

I thought I would start out basic, and add more content later.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

What is it that you are looking to accomplish with your site? By this, I mean that since you have said you would start out basic and add more later, what is your current goal with it, as is?

-
Old 06-26-2012, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
What is it that you are looking to accomplish with your site? By this, I mean that since you have said you would start out basic and add more later, what is your current goal with it, as is?

-
For now, name recognition is my first goal.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
For now, name recognition is my first goal.
You can/will get name recognition if you build out a proper site. As it currently sits, I'm afraid to say that you would probably do more harm than good by directing people to your site as it's really nothing more than a business card.

The other issue is that there is nothing on there, beyond an area code, that will give any possible search engines something to work with. If they did start indexing you as a lawn service in the Cleveland area, you will be so buried in the results that it's like you don't exist.

My suggestion is, if you have any budget for marketing, have a proper logo made, even if it's just "Crown Lawn Service" as a nice looking text logo, and then add pages for each of your services (Mowing, Mulching, Fert, etc), write content that is appropriate, while also incorporating your specific service area towns and suburbs into that content.

Cleveland, or 216, as the sole word will be extremely difficult for you to rank for, so narrow down to South Euclid, Lakewood, Willoughby, Wherever...

Take a look through the posts on here at people site review requests, and you'll find quite a bit of help on Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This is something you'll want to become very familiar with. Also, check out Google's Webmaster Tools, as well as their SEO Starter Guide, and SEOMoz's SEO Starter Guide.

Anything else, just ask and we'll all be glad to help.

-
Old 06-26-2012, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The big problem I see is that the wording it too large for the narrowness of the page. It looks more like a item list instead of an actual readable sentence. Makes it way harder to read.

I do see you provided some spacing now after the company name, that was going to be one of the things I mentioned.

You may only care about Name Recognition right now, but you need to consider where things are going. Using GoDaddy's system, you are getting the search engines to see Godaddy listed first in your description. Example is how you come up in search results:
Quote:
CROWN LAWN SERVICE
crownlawnservice.biz/
See this Go Daddy InstantPage®! http://crownlawnservice.biz. Get yours free with a domain name at GoDaddy.com. CROWN LAWN SERVICE LLC PROVIDING ...
Additionally, when someone decides to mention you via FB, the site is set thanks to goDaddy to show their logo along with the link (give it a try, go to facebook, and for updating your status, just enter your URL and see what it auto populates with)

Now it can all be changed later, but you could easily get things to work in your favor (change SERP listing, add a simple logo). Adding in the logo will get you brand recognition on top of name recognition.

As far as the "Name Recognition", with whom are you trying to build this with? With customers, with people finding you? Search engines?

I agree with what is already mentioned that you should also have some type of location there. All I know is that you are somewhere around the Cleveland area based on the area code. (Well based on what you see browsing your site anyhow)

When you have time, I would recommend you work on updating the site, to get more readable and more informative information (mainly location) for people to find you by.

Now this perspective will be different than a lot of people, but for me the site itself would turn me off of your service as for me websites as it would influence my interpretation of your professionalism. Again that is me, I live and breath web development though.

As Tony mentioned, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

-Greg

Last edited by greg8872; 06-26-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg8872 View Post
The big problem I see is that the wording it too large for the narrowness of the page. It looks more like a item list instead of an actual readable sentence. Makes it way harder to read.

I do see you provided some spacing now after the company name, that was going to be one of the things I mentioned.

You may only care about Name Recognition right now, but you need to consider where things are going. Using GoDaddy's system, you are getting the search engines to see Godaddy listed first in your description. Example is how you come up in search results:

Additionally, when someone decides to mention you via FB, the site is set thanks to goDaddy to show their logo along with the link (give it a try, go to facebook, and for updating your status, just enter your URL and see what it auto populates with)

Now it can all be changed later, but you could easily get things to work in your favor (change SERP listing, add a simple logo). Adding in the logo will get you brand recognition on top of name recognition.

As far as the "Name Recognition", with whom are you trying to build this with? With customers, with people finding you? Search engines?

I agree with what is already mentioned that you should also have some type of location there. All I know is that you are somewhere around the Cleveland area based on the area code. (Well based on what you see browsing your site anyhow)

When you have time, I would recommend you work on updating the site, to get more readable and more informative information (mainly location) for people to find you by.

Now this perspective will be different than a lot of people, but for me the site itself would turn me off of your service as for me websites as it would influence my interpretation of your professionalism. Again that is me, I live and breath web development though.

As Tony mentioned, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

-Greg
I dont have a facebook account.
As far a mentioning my service locations, I service Medina, Lorain, and southern Cuyahoga counties.