Register free!

Old 06-26-2012, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry about me updating this a couple times a day. It's just making me nervous for all the friends and customers I have in the evacuation areas, or that are threatened by the fires. Working on sprinklers is not a priority for me right now. Hoping that everybody is ok.
Since I live in a forest as well, that is primed for a big blaze, I am taking steps tonight in case a fire breaks out here as well. Going to put certain items together in plastic totes, that we can take real quick if a blaze starts up. My GF and dogs are the first concern though. Everything else is just stuff.
This fire really isn't a threat to my place, but one could easily start up in the neighborhood.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
Sorry about me updating this a couple times a day. It's just making me nervous for all the friends and customers I have in the evacuation areas, or that are threatened by the fires. Working on sprinklers is not a priority for me right now. Hoping that everybody is ok.
Since I live in a forest as well, that is primed for a big blaze, I am taking steps tonight in case a fire breaks out here as well. Going to put certain items together in plastic totes, that we can take real quick if a blaze starts up. My GF and dogs are the first concern though. Everything else is just stuff.
This fire really isn't a threat to my place, but one could easily start up in the neighborhood.
Don't be sorry, keep us updated. That's nasty business down there. I had heard of one of the fires that was still out of control; which was that?
Old 06-26-2012, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
I had heard of one of the fires that was still out of control; which was that?
The one here in town. 5500+ acres, threatening Garden of the Gods, thousands of homes, major forest lands. 5% contained, 500+ firefighters, copters and C-130s are dropping ret@rdant and slurry all day long. (sorry - LS edits ret@rd)
Mike - check out some of the photos http://www.gazette.com/sections/slideshow/?id=14898170
Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
The one here in town. 5500+ acres, threatening Garden of the Gods, thousands of homes, major forest lands. 5% contained, 500+ firefighters, copters and C-130s are dropping ret@rdant and slurry all day long. (sorry - LS edits ret@rd)
Mike - check out some of the photos http://www.gazette.com/sections/slideshow/?id=14898170
I wonder where those big mothering 757 and 747 tankers are? Or is the terrain too risky?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The c130s are huge muthas dumping slurry.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-26-2012, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like it may have just blown up. 7000 more people evacuated. I am suspending all work for the week, just changed the voice message. going to try and help support the folks out there. Looking up customers to call that may need help. Sunovabitch!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Winds have shifted, north Colorado Springs looks like the effing apocalypse just hit due to the smoke. Boulder has a new fire as well. Too much smoke to see what is happening anywhere.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Winds have shifted, north Colorado Springs looks like the effing apocalypse just hit due to the smoke. Boulder has a new fire as well. Too much smoke to see what is happening anywhere.
listen live http://www.krdo.com/-/417342/1523123...z/-/index.html i wish you and everyone else the best of luck
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
listen live http://www.krdo.com/-/417342/1523123...z/-/index.html i wish you and everyone else the best of luck
Thanks Jim.
Just heard it was the hottest day EVER recorded in C Springs. Reports of structure fires, but unconfirmed. Fricking absolute rapid change and advance with the fire. Smoke is awful here at the house. May take the dogs to be boarded somewhere. Embers flowing across town.
Not my photo - but a view of what you can see.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2012, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good video of the air assault.
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...lorado-springs