Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2012, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
IMO, its bc it is cheaper to maintain than the hybrid varieties that need reel cutting and tons more work to keep looking good. Common Bermuda maintained at 2-2.5" with a rotary looks like crap IMO. St aug is the middle of the road that you can have look real good without the high costs of hybrid sports turf.
Posted via Mobile Device
Accurate points you make I would say but long term do you think SA will be around? Would Bermuda not be the better choice as watering restrictions become more and more as it is not talked about much recently but there will be a day when the restrictions will come more and more strict. Then other than Bahia - would Bermuda not be the best choice because it will go dormant when needed, green up with rain and it obviously recovers quicker than SA if at all from drought. Seashore maybe for the cost.? I don't know but I do know we put a lot of inputs into our lawns here, which is why the people from up north look at us like we are crazy when they figure out what their annual lawn care bill is going to be. I have a guy that just moved here from Michigan. He really struggled with why he was going to pay close to 6k a year for his lawn not including paying the water bill for SA that his HOA made him install when he wanted Bahia.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!