Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-26-2012, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Windy as hell today. A few areas with serious flooding. The wealthy waterfront of Tampa is under saltwater for day 3 now. I have 2 accounts there and I'm not sure if anything will be salvageable. Thank god for insurance and being rich. Everybody else is still way too soggy to cut.
Posted via Mobile Device
I keep seeing footage of your area and some of the damage. You guys obviously have it much worse than we do inland. But on a bright note you guys actually had waves that amounted to something on your beaches for a change!

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
I keep seeing footage of your area and some of the damage. You guys obviously have it much worse than we do inland. But on a bright note you guys actually had waves that amounted to something on your beaches for a change!
Yea and eroded millions of dollars of the soft white sand they've been trucking in. Not to mention all the brand new landscaping for the RNC that is now under water.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
We cleared up at around 5:30 over here today. I am thinking they are full of it on tomorrow too but we shall see. Time to play catch up and hope everything falls into place.

I mowed in Port Charlotte today. I had to weed trim some culverts but that is nothing new. It was either weed trim them, skip them, or put a snorkel on the mower.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaViper View Post
Debby does Florida. She blows and blows all night long.

I was hoping for Debby to hit Texas so I could say Debby does Dallas.. again.
Believe you me, there are plenty of us here that were looking for Debby to make the left turn and head towards Texas to refill our lakes, some of which are as much as 30-40 foot low and less than 50% full, IF not counting the ones that have dried up and not been able to catch any water. Something like that storm, had it come in and stalled over the Texas hill country and dropped 14-20 inches of rain would have added greatly to Lake Travis and probably even Buchanan.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:22 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151 View Post
Believe you me, there are plenty of us here that were looking for Debby to make the left turn and head towards Texas to refill our lakes, some of which are as much as 30-40 foot low and less than 50% full, IF not counting the ones that have dried up and not been able to catch any water. Something like that storm, had it come in and stalled over the Texas hill country and dropped 14-20 inches of rain would have added greatly to Lake Travis and probably even Buchanan.
So close and yet so far Weatherman had said they expected it to go NW.

Meanwhile, Florida Water Management has announced it is "moving" water. That's a code for dumping billions of gallons of fresh water into the ocean in advance of a protracted dry spell. It's uncanny how they can do it every time.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
Old 06-27-2012, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Well that was fun.. I pulled the crews back home about an hour ago.. thoroughly soaked this morning..Guess we will try again tomorrow and Friday, if not.. guess we'll see em' next week.. I'm turning the phones off friday at 6 thought because I dont wanna hear the bitching.. if your common sense isnt working.. dont bother me
Old 06-27-2012, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Member

We were able to get in a full day of mowing, just downsized a few mowers on some properties. A lot less clean up than I thought wed have, I guess the storm a few weeks ago already made the mess... just a lot of water this time.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlcare2 View Post
Well that was fun.. I pulled the crews back home about an hour ago.. thoroughly soaked this morning..Guess we will try again tomorrow and Friday, if not.. guess we'll see em' next week.. I'm turning the phones off friday at 6 thought because I dont wanna hear the bitching.. if your common sense isnt working.. dont bother me
Should of stayed out just a little longer...the day turned out to be pretty nice and productive for me.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Should of stayed out just a little longer...the day turned out to be pretty nice and productive for me.
It did turn out to be pretty nice but my yards stayed soaked all day.. not worth damaging a yard and getting everything dirty.. There is always tomorrow
Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We've cleaned up enough palm fronds to build a hotel out of them.
Posted via Mobile Device