Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-29-2012, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
This could get interesting....got your Thesaurus ready......
Posted via Mobile Device
Naw, the new meds are workin' pretty darn good!

# 18

......AMF!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
This could get interesting....got your Thesaurus ready......
Posted via Mobile Device
All I want hear is his answer He said my answer was wrong and he has not said what right answer is
On top my Lawn service
I do repair work on mowers if I know the ppl The local repair shop is always back up
Few weeks ago meet a guy in a parts store he asking them if they knew problem The parts guy pointed my way said He would know
I ask what was wrong His mower was eating batteries
He unhook his saftey switch on his seat I told him hook up a toggle switch and remember to flick it on at end of the day
Week later he came by said that fix it
I told him I have 5 mowers with a toggle switch to by pass the seat Some times the guys forgets to flick them and come monday the batteries are flat

I cant bypass the relay the roll over switch is hook in the same relay
Old 06-29-2012, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a Hustler Super Z that holds a charge for about 20 cranks or so and then the battery must be recharged. The electrical system has been checked and the system is charging. The battery has been checked under a load and the battery is good.

The only thing we can fiqure is there is a very small cut on a wire that is causing a short and draining the battery. My knowledge of electrical systems is very limited. Even though the seat safty switch is being debated, I am ready to try anything.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
Yes if you dont run it every day the safety switch relay will run the battery down
in about 2 days

Now if your battery is dieing during mowing cpl things could be stater or the regulator
Uh, NO. You be wrong. Also its stator.

If your mowers do this, you should get them checked out by someone that knows what they are doing.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLMGT View Post
I have a Hustler Super Z that holds a charge for about 20 cranks or so and then the battery must be recharged. The electrical system has been checked and the system is charging. The battery has been checked under a load and the battery is good.

The only thing we can fiqure is there is a very small cut on a wire that is causing a short and draining the battery. My knowledge of electrical systems is very limited. Even though the seat safty switch is being debated, I am ready to try anything.
Nothin' to debate..........

You need to go over your wiring closely. Pay attention to the motor connections, looking for any loose connections. Check out the fuse holders and connections. Big difference 'tween sittin' still in a shop and bouncin' around in the field!
You shouldn't have any draw/drain on the battery with the key off. A quick way to check is pull the + cable and put a test light 'tween the cable and the bat post. If it lights , you have something draining the juice.
You should get a wiring diagram from the mfg. site and go over it.

Oh yeah, this would've helped :http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=144040

......AMF!

Last edited by BigFish; 06-30-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
All I want hear is his answer He said my answer was wrong and he has not said what right answer is
On top my Lawn service
I do repair work on mowers if I know the ppl The local repair shop is always back up
Few weeks ago meet a guy in a parts store he asking them if they knew problem The parts guy pointed my way said He would know
I ask what was wrong His mower was eating batteries
He unhook his saftey switch on his seat I told him hook up a toggle switch and remember to flick it on at end of the day
Week later he came by said that fix it
I told him I have 5 mowers with a toggle switch to by pass the seat Some times the guys forgets to flick them and come monday the batteries are flat

I cant bypass the relay the roll over switch is hook in the same relay
Understand one thing, I'm not agreeing with or disagreeing with anyone. I can see that the finest minds on this site are working on the problem. But, if you think your advice to that poor smuck in the store was a repair, I will truely never be out of a job. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky86 View Post
Understand one thing, I'm not agreeing with or disagreeing with anyone. I can see that the finest minds on this site are working on the problem. But, if you think your advice to that poor smuck in the store was a repair, I will truely never be out of a job. Keep up the good work.
Yes it fix his problem at no cost
Local repair shop couldnt figure it out after He spent to much there and still had same problem
Old 06-30-2012, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Nothin' to debate..........

You need to go over your wiring closely. Pay attention to the motor connections, looking for any loose connections. Check out the fuse holders and connections. Big difference 'tween sittin' still in a shop and bouncin' around in the field!
You shouldn't have any draw/drain on the battery with the key off. A quick way to check is pull the + cable and put a test light 'tween the cable and the bat post. If it lights , you have something draining the juice.
You should get a wiring diagram from the mfg. site and go over it.

Oh yeah, this would've helped :http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=144040
Thanks, BigFish;

I'll give it a shot.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Finally got some information for you guys.

First - tried plugging the seat sensor back in, lawn mower still killed another battery so that isn't the problem.

Here is the mower info-

Toro Model # 74173 Serial #200000517 Engine Kawasaki FH601V-FS06-01
Old 07-08-2012, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Is the dome light staying on?

I'll agree with nicked wire theory.
Posted via Mobile Device