Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-30-2012, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I suppose that is one benifit to having expansive clay. You need to water to keep the foundation from shifting
Old 06-30-2012, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayslandscape View Post
What size container are you purchasing of the moisture manager? Which one are you buying, hydretrain es, hydretrain es plus, or hydretain es plus II? have you seen good results? How often do yuo have to apply it?
First off, I'm sorry it took me a minute to get back. I've been swamped. Anyway, I'm looking at the label now and I don't see where it says hydretrain es, etc. anywhere on it. So I don't know. Here is the website about it. http://moisturemanager.com/video.html
Old 06-30-2012, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

PS I buy the 2.5 Gallon jug. It runs about $100. A quart will do an average lawn. So you get about 8-10 applications per jug.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffWork View Post
First off, I'm sorry it took me a minute to get back. I've been swamped. Anyway, I'm looking at the label now and I don't see where it says hydretrain es, etc. anywhere on it. So I don't know. Here is the website about it. http://moisturemanager.com/video.html
The link you provided say Hydretain right there.

Also note in the EPA's estimation, we could reduce watering 50% without anything but good management.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The heat is on even worse now than when I posted! Its been around 105 degrees for the past two days and it looks like tomorrow will be the same way and even monday but they're calling for some rain next week!!!!

As for my mower I have a lot of lawns with hills and on Thursday I was mowing up an approximately 30 degree slope and the mower slipped out of gear (1st and 2nd slip out sometimes since someone before me must of hauled the mower in gear to keep it from rolling and it messed up the keys) and the mower went down the hill and off a 4 ft retaining wall. The lever to switch gears broke off on impact and now it won't stay in any gear (the gear shift lever is super easy to move now). and for a new tranny I'm looking at $300 or so and both spindle housings are worn and need replaced (already tried bearings and it didn't help since the actual housing is worn out). So I'm looking at getting a Gravely 36in hydro with pro steer so it'll be easier on my hands.