Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-01-2012, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Anyone ever use the stihl HSA 65

Ive never really looked at one in person. Just looking at it on the internet right now.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolatoolguy View Post
Anyone ever use the stihl HSA 65

Ive never really looked at one in person. Just looking at it on the internet right now.
Heavy as the gas version so may as well use something that I dont have to charge.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-01-2012, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
Anyone looked at/used some of Black and Decker's units?
I have run gas hedge trimmers for years. Customers only want one hedge trimming per season, so I'm usually trimming shrubs in July and August. I got to the point last year that I was finished with choking on 2-stroke exhaust and toting around 13 lbs. for hours on end. Thought about switching to corded trimmers, but this meant plugging into a customers house, or buying a small generator to power them. Then there's the extention cords to deal with, and the chance of cutting the cord, which I did more the once in my early career. After doing some research I bought a Black & Decker LHT2436 cordless about a month ago. I really like them. They weigh less than 7 lbs. and cut very nice. Battery life is 1 hour + depending on how heavy the growth your cutting. Battery recharges in less than an hour, but some of my jobs take more than an hour to complete, so I bought a second battery. I use a small invertor plugged in to my van to charge while I'm out in the field. Just did a 6 unit condo complex this week and they worked flawless. With my charging setup I never had to wait for a fully charged battery. I'm no tree hugger, I bought these to make shrub trimming a little more tolerable during our hottest time of the year. You guys that are hoping for Dewalt to make a hedge trimmer need to keep in mind that Dewalt is owned by the Stanley Black & Decker company.