Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2011, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Member

It may look bad, but when you actually get inside of it, you can see that a lot is still intact. About 2/3's of the structure is intact. The new walls that fell were literally brand new. Face brick backed up by CMU with wall ties. The wind was just too strong without the roof holding the walls together. We're talking 80 mph straight line winds. The floor collapse is because of the new wall collapsing onto the floor. It collapsed one floor, but the floor below it was solid enough to catch a good chunk of the debris, and the first floor didn't even sag under a huge load. The house is solid, and will only be more solid once we put it back together. I have put back together much worse than this at my day job. It may not make sense to those that don't work with these buildings on a regular basis, but it does to us.

And insurance won't pay to bulldoze it. I can only get a payout for clean-up and repair, and full demo would be very expensive at this point.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Its been a long time since we have updated so Ill start with some new toys

new backpack blower

new ms 290

new to us 36inch metro

and new to me 4 wheeler

We have been very busy lately and got a few surprises for everyone that has been following but I will let my brother fill you in on that.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat'nSTL View Post
Just wanted to give you guys and update we had another terrible storm last night that hit the house again and took down the same brick wall again that just got put back up and then the whole front of the building along with the 3rd floor and all the stuff what was on it for the new roof. It then took part of the second floor out. We basically have to start over.

did u guys end up rebuilding
Old 02-05-2012, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, bummer. Got insurance? Looks like you are going to need it for the neighboors house.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Well we came across a deal that was to good to pass up so now we have a trailer to move things. Its a 2002, 16ft long 10k capacity. http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...531_n.jpg?dl=1
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-05-2012, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Member

here are some better pics of the trailer

here is the new john deere walk behind I picked up about a month ago, only paid $800 with bagger.

Finally for the new toy, we have been looking for a utv for about a year now and finally came across one that was in our price range and in decent shape.
Its a 2007 kubota rtv900 4x4 with a 3cyl kunota diesel with 2400hrs on it, needed some new tires and some u joints. here it is at the local john deere dealer. I originally went out to get new belts for the exmark but figured I wouls ask if they had any used Gators well they didnt but they had this and they had just got it on a trade in from a local cemetery and were asking $2500 as is bc when they got it in it wasnt running. Well after talking with them we were able to get it for $2585 with a diagnosis on whats all wrong, turned out to be just a battery like we thought so we went ahead and got it. got some new tires for it and waiting on the new u joints to come in now, all in all we are very pleased with it.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Here are some pics from over the winter at the house. Had to tear up part of the concrete slab in the back yard so that we could have the new sewer line ran. The plumber offered to do it for an additional $1000 but we decided to do it and it only ended up costing $500.

The gas company also came that day to start their new line in

may be an old dump truck but we couldnt turn down $150 a load for haul off and dump fee

ran into the old garage foundations

finally got it to brake

got dark fast

took everything the 430 had but it got it out, I had to wedge it up against the blade and use the blade and bucket to get it out of the hole.

finished up

plumber

power getting hooked up

using the lift to bring down 2 pallets worth of left over brick

the house is back together now and beyond where it was before the collapse we have the plumbing ruffed in HV/AC installed and electric panel set and one out let rest of the wiring coming soon, we have been working our butts off and hope to have the first and second floor livable by fall.

siding the dormers

temporary windows

finally got rid of the last piece of foundation a couple of weeks ago.

got the back yard cleaned up

and even started hanging some drywall
Old 07-03-2012, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Great photos! Glad to see you guys were able to rebuild after the collapse. I know old buildings/houses have lots of surprises and require tremendous amounts of patience and perseverance. Keep us updated!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Well its been a long time since I have posted, I have had a lot of good luck and got into the apprenticeship program for Local 512 IUOE, that I applied to over a year ago and just finished up schooling for the year till winter so now it is off to work, I got lucky and only had to wait a week to go out to work, the first two jobs were setting cell phone tower components for sprint. I was oiling for the liebherr ltm 1130-5.1 for two days which included setting up and taking down each day. Then yesterday I went out for another company on a GMK5120 to help set it up at a storm clean up job and then use it to help set up the GMK6350 with 200' of jib to lift the damaged roof steel out. The GMK5120 will be used to hold a man basket but I will not be there for that because the operators normal oilier will be back from vacation. So here are some pics.

back down for the night

the big boy

back at the yard at the end of the day

Well that's all I have for now, let me know if you would like to see more pics like this.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Awesome price on the Kubota man