Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Member

What to send to DuPont?

If you decide to NOT accept the claim resolution from DuPont, what did you send back to them?

Thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csterno View Post
If you decide to NOT accept the claim resolution from DuPont, what did you send back to them?

Thanks
We have no resolution from DuPont, and even if we did, it is not up to date since we have more damage this spring. Therefore we haven't sent anything back, and will let the attorneys figure it out. We have an arborist coming out soon to determine damage.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=csterno;4460000]If you decide to NOT accept the claim resolution from DuPont, what did you send back to them?

Thanks[/

Since I have retained a law firm to represent me I did not send back to DuPont anything after I received their lame offer; not my job anymore to deal with them.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Member

With this weather in Minnesota, 100 degrees the next two days I'm positive my unhealthy trees will get worse by the time I get my resolution letter, reject it and send it back with my letter and pictures. So here I sit staring out at a prize 30" fur tree that has actually wilted even more this week and there is not one thing I can do about it. The Davey Arborist from the inspection even advised to not attempt any care until the resolution is final so I'm witnessing a slow death. This makes me sick. I'm on the fence as to contact an attorney or not.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I assume you mean 30 feet? I'd keep taking pictures. I know how you feel--it's sickening. No amount of money will bring it back like it was. I'm expecting an arborist out here soon (assigned by the attorney) and I will ask about pruning--especially once they have all the photos they need. We should be able to do what we want with our damaged property.
I wish we could get more national attention--I've tried writing 3 major news stations, with no response. The New York Times article was supposed to be in the hard copy of the paper, but ended up in an online gardening blog. I think it's more of a business issue now--i.e. DuPont. They need to be exposed for this.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Okay, I'm ready for the name of some attorneys handling this. During the storm last Friday, one of our compromised 35' trees decided to give a little lean to the east.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I am also. I tried to contact one of the law firms that was in the class action but haven't received a reply. Maybe a firm in Minnesota would be better.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You all don't have enough posts for pm messages. You have to have 10 posts and be here I think 10 days. Put some more posts in
Old 07-05-2012, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is the first year that I haven't been able to enjoy my garden. Usually I'm picking tomatoes and sharing. Not this year. Watering every night but they are crispy and no fruit.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I'll work on getting in a few more posts.

Starbuy, is your law firm one of the ones in Ohio?