Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:24 PM
macgyver_GA macgyver_GA is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Can you irrigate? If so do now, if not, do first week or two of June 2013.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't have an irrigation system but I irrigate once or twice a week with two gear drive sprinklers and a hose if we don't get any rain.

I'll probably just wait til next year. A reel mower is on my purchase list for next spring anyways so I'll probably just wait until I get the reel.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:25 PM
cgaengineer's Avatar
cgaengineer cgaengineer is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winder, GA
Posts: 15,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
How much sand are you putting down really? 1/4 inch
It averages 1/4"-1/2" across most of the lawn surface. If I do my own lawn here 1/4" would be just fine and the lawn would probably not need to be dressed again for leveling.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:26 PM
cgaengineer's Avatar
cgaengineer cgaengineer is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winder, GA
Posts: 15,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver_GA View Post
I don't have an irrigation system but I irrigate once or twice a week with two gear drive sprinklers and a hose if we don't get any rain.

I'll probably just wait til next year. A reel mower is on my purchase list for next spring anyways so I'll probably just wait until I get the reel.
I have a 25" Trimmer for sale....$650 and it's yours. 4hp Honda GX, sharp and roller included.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver_GA View Post
I don't have an irrigation system but I irrigate once or twice a week with two gear drive sprinklers and a hose if we don't get any rain.

I'll probably just wait til next year. A reel mower is on my purchase list for next spring anyways so I'll probably just wait until I get the reel.
Assuming Bermuda, it is tough grass it will take it provided it has water.

Buy your reel late fall or winter... Kind of like buying a boat.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:33 PM
cgaengineer's Avatar
cgaengineer cgaengineer is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winder, GA
Posts: 15,777
You can buy from me in the fall....












For $650
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
It averages 1/4"-1/2" across most of the lawn surface. If I do my own lawn here 1/4" would be just fine and the lawn would probably not need to be dressed again for leveling.
Posted via Mobile Device
So over the course of a lawn you figure 1 yard of sand per K.

Pretty much the same calculation I would use for compost.

I would have to wear a mask to get 28 cents foot but your price seems fair to me, plus a bump for aeration.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:35 PM
macgyver_GA macgyver_GA is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
I have a 25" Trimmer for sale....$650 and it's yours. 4hp Honda GX, sharp and roller included.
Posted via Mobile Device
Gahh...so tempting. I really need to save my cash right now though. I've got a vacation coming up in a month and buying a rock for the girlfriend's finger. Do you like that trimmer? I was thinking about getting a tru-cut.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:36 PM
cgaengineer's Avatar
cgaengineer cgaengineer is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winder, GA
Posts: 15,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
So over the course of a lawn you figure 1 yard of sand per K.

Pretty much the same calculation I would use for compost.

I would have to wear a mask to get 28 cents foot but your price seems fair to me, plus a bump for aeration.
10-4. They can probably get that in Atlanta on a 2000 sq ft lawn...it won't happen here.

A mask and no chance ever doing anything for that customer again.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:40 PM
cgaengineer's Avatar
cgaengineer cgaengineer is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winder, GA
Posts: 15,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver_GA View Post
Gahh...so tempting. I really need to save my cash right now though. I've got a vacation coming up in a month and buying a rock for the girlfriend's finger. Do you like that trimmer? I was thinking about getting a tru-cut.
I have a Legacy 30" as well, not for sale...same mower as a Trimmer but 6.5 hp Honda. They are great mowers but suck for detail work due to the drum drive.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
10-4. They can probably get that in Atlanta on a 2000 sq ft lawn...it won't happen here.

A mask and no chance ever doing anything for that customer again.
Posted via Mobile Device
True that too, small lawns have just as much mobilzation as a big one.

Note the linked lawn level guys had 10 and 20% discounts for a block party, so they can do 3 to 4 yards a day.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.07395 seconds with 10 queries