Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-07-2012, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Dave....its not a luxury to work is a hot sweaty lawnmower shop...
Fact is...most people can't work on their tv's..cell phones..or even their own vehicles either...
Mechanics don't get the best seats at restraunts or have the swedish bikini team hanging around...Most of us do this stuff because we weren't very good at anything else..if you want to find something simple to do...you may have already found it...its called ....complaining...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2012, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Member

You're right...P slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Dave....its not a luxury to work is a hot sweaty lawnmower shop...
Fact is...most people can't work on their tv's..cell phones..or even their own vehicles either...
Mechanics don't get the best seats at restraunts or have the swedish bikini team hanging around...Most of us do this stuff because we weren't very good at anything else..if you want to find something simple to do...you may have already found it...its called ....complaining...
Posted via Mobile Device
One should not complain about things they can't change, such as 4-mix machines having nothing but issues...That is why I went with another machine...I don't have a 4-mix anymore, so what do I have to complain about? The luxury I spoke of is time to mess with a 400 dollar trimmer when the issues should be minimal in that pricerange. Time to be on a job and calling Stihl and the dealer to find out why the machine is giving issues. Stihl owners seem to think time is an illusion. Gas cap issues/recalls, valve issues, problems starting, machine stalling, all for the wonderful price of 369 plus tax...You definitely get it for what you pay for with them...
Old 07-07-2012, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Archer View Post
One should not complain about things they can't change, such as 4-mix machines having nothing but issues...That is why I went with another machine...I don't have a 4-mix anymore, so what do I have to complain about? The luxury I spoke of is time to mess with a 400 dollar trimmer when the issues should be minimal in that pricerange. Time to be on a job and calling Stihl and the dealer to find out why the machine is giving issues. Stihl owners seem to think time is an illusion. Gas cap issues/recalls, valve issues, problems starting, machine stalling, all for the wonderful price of 369 plus tax...You definitely get it for what you pay for with them...

For someone with nothing to complain about you sure are doing enough of it - in a thread revived from 2010.

Bored? Looking for something to b!tch about? LOL
Old 07-07-2012, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
... Gas cap issues/recalls, valve issues, problems starting, machine stalling, ......
Six seasons -- not one of those problems.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Just found a post from 2006...I remember this nonsense...

I just had a tension spring shear on my stihl fs110r totally disabling the trimmer as the trigger sticks in the full throttle position...one in a million defect? ...the Stihl fs110r has too much torque for me most of the time...at this point, I am questioning commercial equipment...spend 4 and 5 hundred dollars on this crappola and it spends time on the bench...my BR600 had trigger and run problems...

I remember when this happened--I was furious...Hmmmm, when machines are down, people lose money...time is money...hmmmm, not making money due to shyt machines being broken and sitting on the bench is called complaining? But hey, the kids don't need to eat, right? In fact, with your reasoning, why don't people just do lawncare for free? OakNut, your names fits you well...How about you drop the Oak?
I had many more problems with these machines even after this nonsense...And Mr. Nut, I am not bored...got plenty to do...the thing I do best is avoid people like you...that makes me happy.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you have your mind made up. Which is fine. At least gain one positive thing from your Stihl experience. You've encountered a torx head screw, not an "atom".
Old 07-08-2012, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky86 View Post
Sounds like you have your mind made up. Which is fine. At least gain one positive thing from your Stihl experience. You've encountered a torx head screw, not an "atom".
I honestly didn't even know what he was talking about when he said atom...glad you cleared it up for me...anyone in this business that calls a torx screw an atom is either 5 years old or dumb as a brick.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2012, 02:02 AM
LawnSite Member

@ricky86 and cgaengineer...

YOU two scrubs stihl don't understand what I was saying...You might be a redneck if you are unable to grasp the clever analogy...Ok, back to business...Enough truth for the weekend...Nothing is more offensive than the cold, hard, in-your-face truth.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
YOU two scrubs stihl don't understand what I was saying...You might be a redneck if you are unable to grasp the clever analogy...Ok, back to business...Enough truth for the weekend...Nothing is more offensive than the cold, hard, in-your-face truth.
Yeah, that's what it is............clever!

I'll bet you watch " The Big Bang Theory" a lot!!

......AMF!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
You got me...I'm Definitely a hack...

Posted via Mobile Device