Register free!

Old 03-04-2000, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I just got my license for pest app and am wondering something. Do you just take water from your customer's hoses or is that unprofessional? If not, where do I buy a big enough tank for water to carry in my Dodge Ram 2500?<p>JPC
Old 03-05-2000, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

JPC, <br>I am glad you got your licence. The first thing you should have been told. When got your licence is about Back Flow prevetion. DO NOT for what ever reason use a garden hose from a resident. Espeacilly a customers. They DO NOT have a back flow prevention system. And if they did I still would not set myself up for a problem. In my area they have Water fill station for Hwy use. Becareful don't use one that is also used to fill drinking water tanks. There are many places where you can buy 200 to 300 gallon tanks. <p>I know you just got your licence. You have a great deal to learn about the spraying business. We all need to pay attention to safety and groundwater issuses. Or Someone will for us.<p>Green-N-Grow<br>Lawn Care Service.
Old 03-08-2000, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Make up a cheater hose with a back flow protector that fits onto garden hose. I try to carry enough water with me, I only use customers water when they are not home, most have a problem thinking you are going to contaminate their water.
Old 03-09-2000, 02:40 PM

What about taking water from a lake or river?<br>Are there any rules or regulations about this?
Old 03-09-2000, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

In Ontario it is legal as long as you have a backflow preventer on the pump or lines. But if you spill it must not be able to flow into the water source.
Old 03-15-2000, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

dylan, <p>In most states there regs on filling from bodies of water. I would not reccomend, for two reasons. The liability and the mess you can cause to your pumps. Dirt and other things can be pumped into the tank and then through your pump.
Old 09-21-2000, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i used to carry 5 5gal of h20, last week i picked up a 35 gal horz. tank with a 3/4 hose. it is working fine.
i try not to get h2o from cust.
anthony