Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-04-2011, 03:07 PM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,765
06 dodge Hemi.

Looking at this truck to possibly buy. Didn't know if there has been any issues with this truck.

I personally don't like dodges, but this truck is set up the way I need it.

Thanks.

...
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-08-2012, 03:30 PM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
Looking at this truck to possibly buy. Didn't know if there has been any issues with this truck.

I personally don't like dodges, but this truck is set up the way I need it.

Thanks.

...
Did you buy this truck? I;m looking at a 2005 4x4 5.7 hemi. Wondering about fuel mileage. I was told about 16 to 18 empty, and 14 pulling about 6000 lbs around town.
__________________
MJB

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-08-2012, 03:47 PM
rstan2010's Avatar
rstan2010 rstan2010 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Troy MI
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Did you buy this truck? I;m looking at a 2005 4x4 5.7 hemi. Wondering about fuel mileage. I was told about 16 to 18 empty, and 14 pulling about 6000 lbs around town.
Haha no way. I had an 06 and was getting 10 city empty and 8 hauling 4K. No way those numbers are true.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-08-2012, 04:01 PM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstan2010 View Post
Haha no way. I had an 06 and was getting 10 city empty and 8 hauling 4K. No way those numbers are true.
Thanks the fuel gov website rated it at 13 city 18 hiway if I remember right.
I didn't buy it I decided to research it first. That is horrible mileage.
__________________
MJB

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-08-2012, 09:51 PM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Did you buy this truck? I;m looking at a 2005 4x4 5.7 hemi. Wondering about fuel mileage. I was told about 16 to 18 empty, and 14 pulling about 6000 lbs around town.
Nope. Picked up an 05 F-150 with a 4.6.

Does pretty well over-all. Fuel consumption is about the same as my 4.3 in my S-10 was, which was 16mpg's unloaded and not pulling.

I honestly haven't done a check in it since I bought it. It was the right size (4 door), 4wd, and white. Fuel consumption wasn't my first priority, but was on the list.

....
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-08-2012, 11:02 PM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
Nope. Picked up an 05 F-150 with a 4.6.

Does pretty well over-all. Fuel consumption is about the same as my 4.3 in my S-10 was, which was 16mpg's unloaded and not pulling.

I honestly haven't done a check in it since I bought it. It was the right size (4 door), 4wd, and white. Fuel consumption wasn't my first priority, but was on the list.

....
I have a 99 F150 with a 4.6 and it does about 11 pulling a 16ft trailer with 2
60inch ZTR's but it is way under powered for hills.

I also looked at a 2009 F150 4x4 for 15,000 , while its a real nice truck I would still be low on power. But is a consideration. I don't live in a big city or I would not consider it.
__________________
MJB

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-09-2012, 12:08 AM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I have a 99 F150 with a 4.6 and it does about 11 pulling a 16ft trailer with 2
60inch ZTR's but it is way under powered for hills.

I also looked at a 2009 F150 4x4 for 15,000 , while its a real nice truck I would still be low on power. But is a consideration. I don't live in a big city or I would not consider it.
The 4.6 does what I need it to, which is basically to just pull my one zero turn mower, and occasionally my mini-skid.

I would have waited for the 5.9, but this truck was too good of a deal.

Ultimately I have my 01 C3500HD dump with an 8.1 when I need to do some serious pulling.

....
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:56 AM.

Page generated in 0.06408 seconds with 9 queries