Register free!

Old 07-08-2012, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

They can find others who are better at kissing A$$, than irrigation or landscape management.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 07-08-2012, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
i prefer outside for all reasons. most customers dont touch them anyhow, other than to shut off due to rain etc.
The ones that would like to shut them off due to rain need a rain sensor installed on their outdoor mount controller. I do not care for people to touch their controller because of rain. It has happened more than once that someone shut down and forgot to turn back on. Meanwhile, they went out of town for two weeks. Very bad in a place that rains less than 20 inches per year.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Been doing em outside for about 8 yrs now. Wish I started doing em 18 yrs ago.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know green doc, but most are good with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-09-2012, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Walk I do. If they need so much control, they do not need me or other pros. My job is not to kiss anyone's A$$. What a fired customer asks for, goes there.
GD, it is not about kissing ass, it is about providing a service to a paying client. If they have certain expectations and requirements, then it is your job to follow them, this is what you are getting paid for after all.

I have many clients that were initially demanding and micromanaged everything. After time they learned to listen to me and trust my judgment, and are now some of my best clients nearly 2 decades later.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If a micro manager knows what the hell he's talking about I can live with that. If the MM is a money/time whiner I can't deal with that. My attitude is they need to learn to become good customers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-10-2012, 04:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
If a micro manager knows what the hell he's talking about I can live with that. If the MM is a money/time whiner I can't deal with that. My attitude is they need to learn to become good customers.
Posted via Mobile Device
If the MM does not know what he is talking about and just making life hard, he had better knock it off fast. I will accommodate quite a bit from people, however that ends under the above circumstances. I can deal with picky, perfectionist people because I am cut from the same cloth. Rules are to let me do what I need to do unhindered by money or issues not related to horticulture. Trust. Either someone trusts me or they would be happier dealing with someone else because I will not entertain paranoia. A common issue in my state is security of the property. If I am locked out of the property or important parts of the property such as garages/rooms where the controller is mounted, that is not my problem. It becomes the client's problem in a New York second.