Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-09-2012, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Howd ya like to see your Biz stolen ?

Well these guys got to see it on the wonderful cameras the high security storage yards have ...Welcome to wonderful South Florida ! And with all the rampid lawn equipment theft going on down here this is the 1st time i have read about or seen anything on the news about equipment theft ...Its a joke down here ...

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/lo...ipment-stolen/
Old 07-10-2012, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

wow talk about bold
Old 07-18-2012, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Whoa what scum..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonlawncare View Post
wow talk about bold
You're not kidding, this had to of take several minutes in the broad daylight. These thieves should be %$&@#?! over and over again.....
Scag Pro-V 48
Gravely Pro-Walk FLH 36
Exmark Metro 26
Exmark X series 21
Stihl and Redmax Handhelds
Husqvarna Chainsaws
Old 07-18-2012, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

That sucks but there is a reason you should have inland marine insurance and not just General Liability at the very min.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
That sucks but there is a reason you should have inland marine insurance and not just General Liability at the very min.
This is also why when shopping for insurance you should be concerned with wore than what the policy will cost. When I was getting quotes I also requested documentation of payout time frames for major theft, fire to shop, accidents, etc, that could lead to the loss a large per engage of equipment. Something that is crucial in our industry. The policy I have allows me rental coverage of the same or better equipment, while settleing a lose. The rental on small equipment extends one week past the date the insurance payment is made to allow me time to shop for equipment. On large equipment and trucks the rental extends 2 weeks after I receive the insurance payment.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenIndustryAssociates View Post
This is also why when shopping for insurance you should be concerned with wore than what the policy will cost. When I was getting quotes I also requested documentation of payout time frames for major theft, fire to shop, accidents, etc, that could lead to the loss a large per engage of equipment. Something that is crucial in our industry. The policy I have allows me rental coverage of the same or better equipment, while settleing a lose. The rental on small equipment extends one week past the date the insurance payment is made to allow me time to shop for equipment. On large equipment and trucks the rental extends 2 weeks after I receive the insurance payment.

Good advice.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS## View Post
Good advice.
Too many guys don't pay attention to that part and think they are fully covered, but then are worried about losing their business when the are waiting 6 weeks to get a check from insurance when they have no equipment to use for work in the mean time
Old 07-19-2012, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Who's your insurer?
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 07-19-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Too many guys don't pay attention to that part and think they are fully covered, but then are worried about losing their business when the are waiting 6 weeks to get a check from insurance when they have no equipment to use for work in the mean time

My policy renewal is coming up in a couple months.
I'll be asking some questions.

I learned last summer that a wreck that totals your main/only work truck will cause A LOT of problems. The rest of the equipment isn't hard to imagine either.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle of Oil View Post
Who's your insurer?
Auto - (trucks and trailers) is with Commerce Insurance, this policy does cover all equipment and tools in the truck, bed, and on/in the trailers at the time of a theft or accident.

GL/Inland Marine - is with The Hartford. This covers anything above and beyond what the auto insurance covers. This policy also covers the rental while waiting for a check from either insurance company.