Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-10-2012, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Sorry, You can't advertise Pest Control for an other company. You must be licensed in order to advertise Pest Control Services. Limited Licensed/ Roundup License can advertise weed control in beds and must make it clear they don't treat turf.

that stinks, I wanted to advertise for my fert guy.. what if i include his company name.. can you reference the statute?
Old 07-10-2012, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlcare2 View Post
that stinks, I wanted to advertise for my fert guy.. what if i include his company name.. can you reference the statute?

Mjlcare

After reading this post and your Credit Card post I have to ask how old are you and will you will graduate from high school this year of next???

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thank god for more regulation and government! I don't know how I would operate my legal lawn business without them checking on me...good to know they got my back.

Sarcasm...

Good to know you paid over $700 dollars to be legal so that 5 illegal companies can compete with you Ric!

I know what you are getting at...its a damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-11-2012, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Mjlcare

After reading this post and your Credit Card post I have to ask how old are you and will you will graduate from high school this year of next???

ha! Old enough.. graduated from Highschool and College many years ago.. which part makes you think I am young.. the questions? the newer, younger way of running a business in this competitive market where we have to run the "old folks" out since they are getting my social security anyway.. time to retire!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Mjlcare

btw still haven't gotten that statute from you..

too bad your not my fert guy.. you could have gotten free advertising at my expense( both legal and $$))
Old 07-11-2012, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
btw still haven't gotten that statute from you..

too bad your not my fert guy.. you could have gotten free advertising at my expense( both legal and $$))

Knock yourself out.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2010/Chapter482

http://www.hpm.umn.edu/nhregsplus/NH...da%205E-14.pdf

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 07-11-2012, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Member

the only section I found regarding my question is..

5E-14.104 Prohibited Acts.

(3) No licensee, certified operator or identification card holder shall advertise or hold himself out in any manner in connection with pest control as an entomologist, horticulturist, public health engineer, sanitarian, and the like, unless such persons qualified in such field by required professional and educational standards for the title used.

To me that says, I can't advertise that "I" perform pest control if "I" don't have a license..

gray area, I can advertise for my fert guy as I am not advertising that I do the pest control, fert.. but that HE does the service..

I guess I will just have to ask next time I come across somebody from the department
Old 07-11-2012, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
the only section I found regarding my question is..

5E-14.104 Prohibited Acts.

(3) No licensee, certified operator or identification card holder shall advertise or hold himself out in any manner in connection with pest control as an entomologist, horticulturist, public health engineer, sanitarian, and the like, unless such persons qualified in such field by required professional and educational standards for the title used.

To me that says, I can't advertise that "I" perform pest control if "I" don't have a license..

gray area, I can advertise for my fert guy as I am not advertising that I do the pest control, fert.. but that HE does the service..

I guess I will just have to ask next time I come across somebody from the department

Or you can advertise Pest Control and the Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control will come to you with a nice Fine.

BTW I might not be 100% White Boy, But Lincoln abolished Slavery in 1863 with the Emancipation Proclamation. PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I DON"T KISS YOUR A$$.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I suspect ours looks about as enticing.

I some times wonder why I register.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Or you can advertise Pest Control and the Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control will come to you with a nice Fine.

BTW I might not be 100% White Boy, But Lincoln abolished Slavery in 1863 with the Emancipation Proclamation. PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I DON"T KISS YOUR A$$.

not sure where your getting at with the kiss your ass thing..
not even sure where I asked you too..

ohh. maybe its because I didn't thank you first for showing me the statutes.. thanks!... that was a help..

i thought the whole point of this thread was to show that the bureau doesn't give out enough fines and enough enforcement.. they aren't coming after me!! haha