Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-13-2012, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

A little update. One of my customers contacted me via email and wanted both her properties mowed today. On her residence, it had been 3 weeks, but only one week on the business, which surprised me. I checked all my other accounts here in town, and actually ended up mowing 4 others as well. They could probably have all been stretched into next week, but they all looked better after mowing. All had gone 2 weeks or more since the last mowing.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate it when customers call me telling me to mow or not to mow. As has been said many times you have to let them know in a courteous way from the get go that you're in charge of that. So this year I was proactive and right when grass starting going dormant I called most everyone myself and let them kow I was going to an e/o week cut. Since then I haven't received hardly any phone calls, and even though now it's going to be every three weeks for most lawns, or more at least my phone hasn't been ringing off the hook saying don't come today. I can't stand that.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 07-13-2012, 02:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That being said their are a few who I would trust to let me know whether to come or not as they are very good to me and wouldn't ask me to skip just to save a little money. I try to explain to everyone that I charge a reasonable (not low-ball) price, and in return I ask that stick w/ me at least to cut the weeds in dry conditions. But in actuality this is now much worse than dry conditions.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13