Register free!

Old 06-19-2012, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Trimming service

How many of you offer tree trimming service as well as a landscape company.

Personally I offer basic tree trimming service. Noting fancy. If it cant be reached by a polesaw or on a ladder I dont touch it. I wouldnt of got the saws if it wasnt for when we lived in the country down south is was basicly essential to have a saw on your property so I picked up a stihl ms290 farm boss 20 inch bar along with a stihl ms460 25 inch bar and recently decided I want a small saw so i got a stihl 192c.

I also cut and split firewood for extra cash.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I do any tree work that comes my way from the ground with a pole saw I may get on an 8 ft ladder once in a while

Firewood is great extra income, you gonna love that top handle they are great to have around.

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692

Old 06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, firewood brings in some extra cash witch is nice. In my area you will find fallen trees on craigslist that people say you must remove but get to keep the wood. I will do that often when I see them. Go in remove the tree in a weekend with a friend. With the top handle saw its nice for job getting all the small limbs off the fallen tree. I know there good for in tree trimming but I dont do that. Its nice cause its smaller and lightweight vs my 20 an 25 inch saws. The small limbs of the tree I keep and burn in our firepit and then the larger stuff I split and sell on craigslist. Its not kiln dried or anything but still sells. I use a northstar 30 ton splitter.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I do light tree work from time to time. As long as risk to property is O%.

Don't need a limb or tree falling on a house, car, deck, fence, etc. Yes you can do large limbs that over hang things safely by taking down the limb in small sections with a helper.

This spring a woman wanted me to get rid of a 50' pine tree that fell down in her back yard. 0% chance of doing damage. 5' base of the trunk was still up and needed to be cut down.

My saw was too small for such a large tree so I bought a stihl ms290 farm boss 20" bar two days before I was to start the job. The lady canceled the next day.

I have a nice new saw in my shop now. Maybe we will have a hurricane this year.

Last edited by 32vld; 06-19-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Toolguy,
Nice little arbor saw there!!
I do tree services also and for the big jobs that require major rigging.........it is subbed out to a friend whom has 3 bucket trucks, bobcats, and flat beds--Fully licensed, insured and bonded. There is nothing he can't take out and stump. He makes the estimates for me.......I add 25%-40% for the cell phone calls, time talking to the customer and handling the bill. I get paid, then he gets paid! Customer satisfaction is guaranteed before I submit him a check.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I offer tree trimming and full removals. I'm also a Louisiana licensed arborist.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 07-14-2012, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
I offer tree trimming and full removals. I'm also a Louisiana licensed arborist.
yeah that's the problem, technically to do any tree work you are supposed to have a license...and rightfully so, although many still will do tree work if asked, that is if they can handle it...
Old 07-14-2012, 07:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We will so trimming only. We are in the same boat in that we will only touch it if there is absolutely 0% chance of any property damage.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-14-2012, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Light touch ups here too. My feeling is standing on the ground or a 8" ladder only. No major cuts. Very careful about what jobs I take and which I send to an Arborist. He does great work for my clients.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I was a climber in my youth. It was exciting, dangerous hard work. I still miss it! But that was a long time ago and in a galaxy far, far away.......

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt