Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-13-2012, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

mulch kit for stander

Anyone Have Any luck with a Mulch Kit on a 36" wright stander? thinking about buying one.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

mixed results. i have the same mower as you...not sure if you have the 15hp or 17hp??

I have the 15. i think the stock blades work best. i have used wavy exmarks and didnt notice a difference. Trick is to put the blades as high as they will go with the spacers. Keep em sharp. Im using the plate with stock blades now and its actually working pretty good. I will put my kit on around octoberish and leave it on until may. It is just a PITA to remove if I have to and i get mixed results with it. Fall/winter? works great, especially with leaves. just keep those blades sharp! im sure the higher hp motor will work better too, i just dont have that.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the 15hp to I like the mower just don't like the trail of grass it leaves with the plate. Didn't know if the mulch kit would help or not. I'll have to move the blades up and see how it does thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-14-2012, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
mixed results. i have the same mower as you...not sure if you have the 15hp or 17hp??

I have the 15. i think the stock blades work best. i have used wavy exmarks and didnt notice a difference. Trick is to put the blades as high as they will go with the spacers. Keep em sharp. Im using the plate with stock blades now and its actually working pretty good. I will put my kit on around octoberish and leave it on until may. It is just a PITA to remove if I have to and i get mixed results with it. Fall/winter? works great, especially with leaves. just keep those blades sharp! im sure the higher hp motor will work better too, i just dont have that.
I'm looking at a 36" Wright. I'm hesitating because I like the Exmar mulch kits and have experience with them; haven't really heard anything about the Wrights. When you have the kit on (I assume baffles) how's it do?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
Old 07-14-2012, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Overall, the 36" Wright is an awesome machine. Keep in mind mine is an 08' so I'm sure there have been improvements since. Cut quality is great. The kit can be iffy. Again, If I had the extra 2 hp, it might be way different. Kit does great with leaves, but can be trick with grass. With the blades all the way up and sharp, it does decent. I think the plate is the way to go in summer and kit in winter....again, overall the machine is awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-14-2012, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks, so you think 17hp is the way to go?

Old 07-14-2012, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
Thanks, so you think 17hp is the way to go?
Tough call Jvan. That guy on here(ed2hess) has said he has said oil consumption issues with the 17hp...I also think its now 18hp and 16hp for the lesser engine. I would talk to your dealer and see what they say. Like I said before the 15hp does do a good job, just not excellent. So the 16hp would probably work fine. Your not going to go wrong with a wright stander.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-14-2012, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We have 2 of the wright sentars 36" with kaw and fulll mulch kit. It has the channel underneath as well as blocking plate. We have been mowing southern grasses for probably 7 years and they do just fine. We converted one to Propane this year.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

how hard was it to convert to propane?
how much did it cost to convert ?
Old 07-15-2012, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Tough call Jvan. That guy on here(ed2hess) has said he has said oil consumption issues with the 17hp...I also think its now 18hp and 16hp for the lesser engine. I would talk to your dealer and see what they say. Like I said before the 15hp does do a good job, just not excellent. So the 16hp would probably work fine. Your not going to go wrong with a wright stander.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm used to oil consumption issues; the Exmarks have Kohlers As long as it doesn't burn more than 1/2 pint every 30 hrs or so, I can live with it.