Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-10-2012, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinslawnservices View Post
Is the hill stabilty any good on the Vride?
Posted via Mobile Device
From what I can tell yeah... But hopefully somebody with experience with major hills an say sometning

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 07-10-2012, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

let's get our facts straight before saying one is better than the other...well, actually, i will say that standers are better hands down, but walkers have their place...you can put attachments on walkers, especially a nice bagging system, in that aspect stand on's don't compete, you can also put a snow blower on a walker and use it year round...walkers are known to be slow yes but do understand there is a speed up kit you can install...most standers are around 8 mph, at least off the assembly line...the only standers that are faster, to my knowledge, are the stander X at 9.5 mph and the stander ZK at 13.5 mph...

what deck size is your walker? what deck size would you get if you did get a stand on?
Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Member

My walker is a 42" GHS. I understand that the walker has its place and I don't intend to ise a standr orstandard ztr when the walker is more appropriate. I am looking to purchase a mulching mower for open areas. I will probably buy something in the 48-52" range. I'm not interested in the speedup kit for my walker. It is slow for a reason. That is why it cuts this grass and collects so well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Member

I am demoing a superb tomorrow, being that my walker dealer support here is great. I am not sure that another long mower will fit my needs. We will see in the morning.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-14-2012, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I was impressed with the super b...until I saw the price tag. 12k is more than I paid for my ghs new. I'd rather get a standard ztr or standon for consideravly less money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-15-2012, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
stand on units are just as fast as your standard sit down ztr, some are faster.

the benefits for me in choosing a stand on unit over a sit down unit was that for one thing i'm standing all day. i'd much rather stand. i can remove myself from the unit quicker should i need to pick up an object in the way or in case of emergency.

i can also maneuver under low hanging limbs and things like that by moving my body, getting the mower into places a sit down won't go.

the size of the unit is another benefit. they take up less space than a sit down. so you can either have a smaller trailer or just have more room on your trailer.

this post is of course my opinion and what i personally think. i'm sure others will have other ideas. sit downs aren't for everyone and neither are stand ons.
I love the disclaimer at the end!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper8870 View Post
I love the disclaimer at the end!
well I'm tired of people thinking I'm argumentative with everything and that I disagree with everything when I'm just sharing my view. it's not being argumentative.

all my post on this site are just my personal opinion and posted to express my view and ideas for others to read and maybe some will see it my way and maybe they won't.

I'm not so arrogant to think its my way or the highway. I recognize everyone has there way of running and doing business and everyone is gonna have a diff opinion.

so maybe I should include a disclaimer in my sig for my post.

personally I prefer standing on a stand on rather than sitting most of the day. it's more convenient to remove myself from the mower for whatever reason. I can also get a stand on in more places than a sit down.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
well I'm tired of people thinking I'm argumentative with everything and that I disagree with everything when I'm just sharing my view. it's not being argumentative.

all my post on this site are just my personal opinion and posted to express my view and ideas for others to read and maybe some will see it my way and maybe they won't.

I'm not so arrogant to think its my way or the highway. I recognize everyone has there way of running and doing business and everyone is gonna have a diff opinion.

so maybe I should include a disclaimer in my sig for my post.

personally I prefer standing on a stand on rather than sitting most of the day. it's more convenient to remove myself from the mower for whatever reason. I can also get a stand on in more places than a sit down.
Kind of judgemental of you to think that I think you are argumentative.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Kind of judgemental of you to think that I think you are argumentative.
funny but I didn't name names in post.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn3 View Post
Hi everyone first post I've been reading here for a while and just got around to registering.
Im switching to a stand ups been running JD 60" ztracks for years but the abuse to my back has caused me some back problems. Speed isn't always a good thing when it comes at the expense of the operator down the road.
you think stand up going be easyer on your back
now your knees and your back will hurt How many years you been riding JD ztracks that might be the reason you back hurts is riding JD there other mowers out there rides 10 times better then a JD at high speeds
I know a company talk big about there wright Standers after first year they added seats to there's cause the stand on was killing there backs and knees standing on them They have banana seats on them