Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-10-2012, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

for some reason i love cutting overgrown stuff! nice viking. i want to find another w/b to pick up to set up two mowing trailers.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 07-11-2012, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what you mean, I think its because of the drastic change at the end. There was some thicker stuff in this which I don't like, it was hard on my trimmer.

Yeah I like the Viking so far, seems to run solid.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My friend works at Rona, he sent me this. Haha!

Old 07-13-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So this may sound stupid but why do u have the tiger cat AND the lazer z. I mean I understand having 2 ztr but why 2 different ones. If u don't mind me asking

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 07-14-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No thats not a stupid question. We maintain various sizes of accounts. The Lazer is used on most of our residential accounts, along with the walk behind. We have 3 larger accounts that are residential that the Lazer is used on, one is 10 acres, as well as our house/shop which is 8 acres. The Lazer also gets used on most of the commercial accounts.

When we bought out the company that we did, the Scag was part of the deal and was well suited to most of the work we got with the purchase of that company. We had the Lazer from when I worked part time at this and only had a handful of accounts, mostly commercial. The Lazer was payed for, and the Scag was used so I can justify keeping them both.

The Scag would be fine cutting everything if it had to be, its just like a bonus having the Lazer because its a 60. If I were in desperate need of two ZTR's, the Lazer would be a Tiger Cat. I do like the Lazer overall now, I tweaked the deck and played around with the pitch so it leaves a nice cut, but the controls and responsiveness aren't up to par with the Scag.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
No thats not a stupid question. We maintain various sizes of accounts. The Lazer is used on most of our residential accounts, along with the walk behind. We have 3 larger accounts that are residential that the Lazer is used on, one is 10 acres, as well as our house/shop which is 8 acres. The Lazer also gets used on most of the commercial accounts.

When we bought out the company that we did, the Scag was part of the deal and was well suited to most of the work we got with the purchase of that company. We had the Lazer from when I worked part time at this and only had a handful of accounts, mostly commercial. The Lazer was payed for, and the Scag was used so I can justify keeping them both.

The Scag would be fine cutting everything if it had to be, its just like a bonus having the Lazer because its a 60. If I were in desperate need of two ZTR's, the Lazer would be a Tiger Cat. I do like the Lazer overall now, I tweaked the deck and played around with the pitch so it leaves a nice cut, but the controls and responsiveness aren't up to par with the Scag.

Huh interesting. Ok makes since. I thought that u bought one and then bought a different brand. What series do u have? That's what confuses me about exmark...

Enough Said...
Old 07-15-2012, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope I had the Exmark, and then got the Scag not really by choice. The Exmark is just a 2008 Lazer Z it isn't an x-series or anything. Triton 60" deck. 28 hp Kawi. I'd really like to have a more uniform look but my customers don't care at all and I don't care too much about what the competition thinks of me.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Nope I had the Exmark, and then got the Scag not really by choice. The Exmark is just a 2008 Lazer Z it isn't an x-series or anything. Triton 60" deck. 28 hp Kawi. I'd really like to have a more uniform look but my customers don't care at all and I don't care too much about what the competition thinks of me.
Yeah that's a good thing...I'm still undecided btwn tiger cat or lazer z...idk

Enough Said...
Old 07-15-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish I could either use a Tiger Cat and Lazer in a 60 or 48! Because I have a 60 Lazer and 48 Tiger Cat its hard to compare them, because they don't handle the same because of the largre hydro's pumps, size of the deck and frame and the difference in weight. I like my Tiger Cat better overall because of the cut quality, clipping dispersal, responsiveness, and it fits in my trailer nicer. Haha
Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I wish I could either use a Tiger Cat and Lazer in a 60 or 48! Because I have a 60 Lazer and 48 Tiger Cat its hard to compare them, because they don't handle the same because of the largre hydro's pumps, size of the deck and frame and the difference in weight. I like my Tiger Cat better overall because of the cut quality, clipping dispersal, responsiveness, and it fits in my trailer nicer. Haha
Yeah I gotcha

Enough Said...