Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

www.definition-of.net/genus+poa
Genus Poa , genus poa meaning , definition of genus poa , what is genus poa - 1 (noun) Poa, genus Poa chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions

I thought everyone knew that KBG was poa...
Old 07-16-2012, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I guess the sensible conversation is over...
Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
I guess the sensible conversation is over...
If we mean KBG, we typically say KBG.

We typically call grasses by the Species not the Genus.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
If we mean KBG, we typically say KBG.

We typically call grasses by the Species not the Genus.
The subject was DNA and genetics... KBG is an example of the genus poa, as was poa supina in the original comment... "Genetics does play a part in plant growth."... was the post that was being addressed...
I knew it was a mistake to even start again...
Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
The subject was DNA and genetics... KBG is an example of the genus poa, as was poa supina in the original comment... "Genetics does play a part in plant growth."... was the post that was being addressed...
I knew it was a mistake to even start again...
It was one example mainly used for plants. It was a valid point in particular with improved varieties of native plants.

I have seen nearly 100% of the plants over a 7 year period revert to their more native state. I am nit sure I would say 30% of the plants failed.

In regards to the POA aspect, the man wanted a clairifcation to your meaning. You should not assume things then get upset when someone ask you to clarify.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
www.definition-of.net/genus+poa
Genus Poa , genus poa meaning , definition of genus poa , what is genus poa - 1 (noun) Poa, genus Poa chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions

I thought everyone knew that KBG was poa...
Thank you for that clarification. I know KBG is Poa, I have never seen it expressed as "the POA". I would rather not assume which acronym you were referring to or which direction you were headed, so I asked for your definition.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-16-2012, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Axe, what species and variety or varieties of Poa do you use most often? Where do you buy your seed?
Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

like I said,,, there will be no discussion on genetics until there is agreement on the highlighted statement as posted earlier... plants reverting back to their native beginnings is all about genetic changes within an individual as 7 years of time goes by???
I have no clue what that is even supposed to mean, let alone being a valid point as you call it... the 30% came from a previous poster that made the claim that genetic was the excuse for 1/3 of his plantings not making it ,,, remember??? you place a judgement that I'm upset about clarifying something... phasthound doesn't upset me at all, however you upset me everytime you dog everything I post... you are seldom on track with any train of thot and then run off on tangents that have nothing to do with what's been said... commenting on dna or genetics and plants reverting back to native habits is just crazy... that happens with seed, but not with individuals...

its too hot today to even go outside and this is the only passtime I have??? I'm pathetic...
Old 07-16-2012, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Thank you for that clarification. I know KBG is Poa, I have never seen it expressed as "the POA". I would rather not assume which acronym you were referring to or which direction you were headed, so I asked for your definition.
Right... I should not have used all capital letter for the word poa... I can see how that would appear to be some kind of acronym... my mistake...
Old 07-16-2012, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasssales2001 View Post
Axe, what species and variety or varieties of Poa do you use most often? Where do you buy your seed?
I don't really pay much attention to the varieties of the KGB that are in the seed bags that I get from Jay-Mar... everyone has been happy with it for years, including me... Why???
Closed Thread