Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-16-2012, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great example of someone who wants something for nothing....
It takes money to make money. I have a deal with all of my workers that who ever brings in customers will get X% of commission on the job for X amount of time. PLUS obviously have the opportunity to work the job and get money for that. It works great. Some of the guys do it and some dont. I dont look at anyone any differently..

I just feel if the workers want a job here they should all be contributing to the business.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor-cut View Post
Great example of someone who wants something for nothing....
It takes money to make money. I have a deal with all of my workers that who ever brings in customers will get X% of commission on the job for X amount of time. PLUS obviously have the opportunity to work the job and get money for that. It works great. Some of the guys do it and some dont. I dont look at anyone any differently..

I just feel if the workers want a job here they should all be contributing to the business.
I want to know more about this? Finders fee or on-going commision?
Old 07-16-2012, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I want to know more about this? Finders fee or on-going commision?
Commission for a SIGNED contract! That is NOT on the full amount of the contract its on the gross amount that the company makes AFTER materials... By al means the amont isnt A lot but my workers like the fact of taking home an extra 1,2,3 hundred bucks for doing absolutely nothing.

PM For DETAILS!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor-cut View Post
Commission for a SIGNED contract! That is NOT on the full amount of the contract its on the gross amount that the company makes AFTER materials... By al means the amont isnt A lot but my workers like the fact of taking home an extra 1,2,3 hundred bucks for doing absolutely nothing.
Just asking.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Member

I know that I am very late in this response but I appreciate everyone's feedback. Even lazor-cuts feedback even though he started off with a pretty rude comment "great example of someone who wants something for nothing."

I do have the money to be able to float sales commissions upfront, I do have a system that I use to big larger jobs but it does involve some industry knowledge, which is not good for a new salesperson. In the last year I have had a few young sales people come and go strictly in residential clients but not success to write home about. I am still looking for that "jump" into real commercial sales but have not found it yet.

What kind of commission do experienced companies pay for larger contracts? ($25,000-250,000/year)

I would like to pay a small based salary ($20,000 + commission) but I'm just not sure what it should be.