Register free!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know how you can do a flat bid on getting a system operable. Especially when it hasn't run in 5 years. Going to be a non-profitable job in my book. If on a budget, no, don't crack 'em all open. Heck, if on a budget, seeping valves still work. Get it pushing water, get paid, and run.

I have three bids I'm working on now, where some aspects I can give a price to - replace controller, rebuild manifold, replace x number of heads. But they all need some troubleshooting before we can make it operational, and I'm telling them T&M. No way I am bidding it flat and getting killed when it takes 2-3 times longer than expected.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Excatly! I never.bid flat nor will anyone else..I explained this to them... so I just marked up high ( so I thought) giving the Info I was told... and this is where.I'm at....I'm still in the green thank God but it's been a.pain... turns out they main manager has been told over and over each year it has worked.... because the property managers get bonuses if there maintenance stays low... so they let it break don't fix it and report to there bosses its all good.... then I come along and find out what's really been going on... property manager quits along with maintenance Guy and nobody but me gets to deal with it. gotta love it....
Posted via Mobile Device