Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-23-2010, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Just ideas. No experience yet. 1 free mow with every referral leading to cash exchanging hands of some kind. (Mulching 1 time, or year contract)

I also heard google AdWords is amazing
Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What about some type of game like at Cracker Barrel. The ones with the golf tees. If you get get something like that made with your logo and number and have at the table of a resturant. My bank also has a lobby where customers come in and drink coffee. this spring I am going to buy some coffee and donuts and give them to the bank and have a flyer up or something with some business cards. Donuts and coffee compliments of .....
Old 02-04-2011, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I also donated a gift certificate to the chamber of commerce that im a member of for some womens expo they had. It was for $100 I think. I figured I could use some leftover mulch or something to revamp their flowerbeds. when the customer called me that won it ended up being a $4,000 lawn install so it was defiantly worth it.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells View Post
Come on guys, I know you can come up with more ideas then just flyers and door hangers. I have a whole bunch of them but this threads not about me giving the rest of you ideas it's about everyone sharing ideas.
I must say after 25 years in the lawn business and having tried just about every way to market my business, the only true marketing tool you have is the lawn in which you are now driving away from. It will determine your success or failure in the green industry. Customer's referrals are the only true testament to your work.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just put an nice 1/2 page add out in a women's magazine. This magazine is free and comes out once a month. They put out 14,000 of them at 700 different locations mostly in hospitals, like the ones who do surgeries. Another big part of them go out to hair salons, nail places, coffee house's, just about anywhere where women would go and have to sit in a waiting room. I first picked one up at the hospital where I had my knee replaced. They do knees, hips, shoulders so that could be a lot of people who can't mow and need help.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickireson View Post
Just ideas. No experience yet. 1 free mow with every referral leading to cash exchanging hands of some kind. (Mulching 1 time, or year contract)

I also heard google AdWords is amazing
Adwords is good stuff. It may look a little bit complicated at first so take it slow and start small. It is important to make your website page clean, professional, and most importantly give the visitor an easy way to sign up for a free estimate. Too often people forget about converting those visitors into leads, and that is whole point of using Adwords or any kind of marketing.