Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Salcido Lawn Salcido Lawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
My two best deals on craigslist were an 05 bobcat t190 with1500hrs and ac( had to put 2k worth of tracks and sprockets) that i bought the machine for 5k and sold for 15k and an 05 bobcat t250 with 3000hrs with ac (had to put 2k worth of new tracks) that i bought for 8k and sold for 25k on ebay.

Also bought a 09 t320 w ac and 75 actual hours for 35k and sold the next week for 45k.
DANG!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-20-2012, 12:32 PM
PineyPower's Avatar
PineyPower PineyPower is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bayville NJ
Posts: 116
My best was a 4 wheel Try-built edger. It was in mint condition. All it needed was a spark plug and the guy delivered it to my house. Best $50 I have spent
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Mikegyver Mikegyver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Longview TX
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
My two best deals on craigslist were an 05 bobcat t190 with1500hrs and ac( had to put 2k worth of tracks and sprockets) that i bought the machine for 5k and sold for 15k and an 05 bobcat t250 with 3000hrs with ac (had to put 2k worth of new tracks) that i bought for 8k and sold for 25k on ebay.

Also bought a 09 t320 w ac and 75 actual hours for 35k and sold the next week for 45k.
Where does one look for such deals?
__________________
Scag, Exmark, Honda, Shindaiwa, Redmax. Commercial and residential Lawncare, Irrigation (LI and BPAT), and Landscaping. Fully insured.
Mikegyver Pics Thread
Quote:
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:33 PM
muddywater muddywater is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC LAWN CARE View Post
Where does one look for such deals?
Craigslist. The guy wanted 45k for the t320, but i got him down 10k. The guy w the t250 wanted 15k, but i got him down to 8k. And the t190 had it listed for 5k! I found it at 5pm one evening and had one of my guys drive all night to pick it up the next morning.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:50 PM
muddywater muddywater is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,813
Another good deal that I helped one of my buddies with was a boxer diesel mini skid. He found the deal, but wanted me to help him negotiate. The diesel boxer wasn't currently running, an auger, dingo boring unit, dingo stump grinder, dingo caretree tree spade, toro soil culitvator, 2 dingo tillers, land leveler, scarifier and a tree cart. We bought all of that for $900. Ended up the diesel boxer just needed a new belt and a set of tracks! It had 700hrs on the meter! I just ended up getting the stumpgrinder and tree spade.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 AM
banjoman's Avatar
banjoman banjoman is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 155
Ive had some decent deals. Got my Grasshopper 718K for free. Paid $20 for a John Deere 14SB walkbehind, also got a JD JS-20 for $50 bucks in great shape. Bought 4 used Sthil FS-250s for $40(they need a little work but eh for $40 you cant beat that). Traded my old Craftsman rider to a Yazoo/Kees Hydro walker with about 500hrs. Then traded the Yazoo/Kees for a nice Toro Timecutter ZTR and a Toro Proline Walkbehind, yup i got 2 mowers for my 1. I traded my small handheld Husqvarna leaf blower for a Stihl BR-400 backpack, older guy had it and didn't like the weight.
__________________
Banjo Pickin' College Kid
________________________
Chevy Colorado
Grasshopper 52" 718K
Yazoo-Kees 48"
Scag 36"
Honda HRR216VYA
John Deere 14SB 21"
Lawnboy 10525 21" 2-Cycle
Toro Proline 21" 2-Cycle(2x)
Stihl FS-250(Big Daddy!)
Stihl FS-90(2x)
Stihl FS-70
Stihl FS-55(2x)
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-420 Magnum
Stihl BR-85
Husqvarna 125B
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-24-2012, 12:18 AM
Mikegyver Mikegyver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Longview TX
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
Craigslist. The guy wanted 45k for the t320, but i got him down 10k. The guy w the t250 wanted 15k, but i got him down to 8k. And the t190 had it listed for 5k! I found it at 5pm one evening and had one of my guys drive all night to pick it up the next morning.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats crazy! Why was the last one so cheap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
Another good deal that I helped one of my buddies with was a boxer diesel mini skid. He found the deal, but wanted me to help him negotiate. The diesel boxer wasn't currently running, an auger, dingo boring unit, dingo stump grinder, dingo caretree tree spade, toro soil culitvator, 2 dingo tillers, land leveler, scarifier and a tree cart. We bought all of that for $900. Ended up the diesel boxer just needed a new belt and a set of tracks! It had 700hrs on the meter! I just ended up getting the stumpgrinder and tree spade.
Thats exactly the deal i need to find.
__________________
Scag, Exmark, Honda, Shindaiwa, Redmax. Commercial and residential Lawncare, Irrigation (LI and BPAT), and Landscaping. Fully insured.
Mikegyver Pics Thread
Quote:
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-25-2012, 05:11 PM
polarismalibu polarismalibu is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 41
I picked up a Lesco 48 walk behind for $350 from a guy off craigslist. Runs great just needed to sharpen the blades on it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Burnie's Avatar
Burnie Burnie is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Central Florida
Posts: 84
Got a 2004 JD 717a with 1090 hours and a 2 bag bagging system for $1500. Needed a seat, a new shoot for bagging (which I duct taped for now), and a discharge deflector (for when not bagging). All total I have about $2000 in it, I think I got a good deal. Was just talking to a tree trimming guy one day about wanting a ZTR and he said he knew where I could get a deal, next day I bought it.
__________________
Owner/Certified Operator
Lawn Treatments (fert, weeds, insects), Interior Pest Control, Termite Control, Bee & Wasp Control.
Started doing Pest Control in 1992, Started my own business in 2006.
2006 Ford F250 Super Duty, 300 gallon Split Tank, D30 Pump, Honda 5.5
2006 Chevy Silverado 1500, 100 gallon tank, Pumptec 12v Pump
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-25-2012, 07:05 PM
ryan41 ryan41 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 304
I like your outdoor shop!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.

Page generated in 0.09479 seconds with 10 queries