Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryDaddy View Post
It's been raining almost daily here in SC for the last few weeks, either late in the afternoon or early mornings. But the days are mostly hot & humid.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes it has The high humidity is like walking into a Sauna. Doubles the fatigue factor. I love it though because it usually precedes the flooding thunderstorms. Also makes it harder on the competition
Old 07-20-2012, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Last weekend we were cutting & a storm poured down on us, by the time we found cover we were soaked & 10 minutes later it had stopped. Went back out to finish (clothes dried in a few minutes from sun shinning). We always be happy for it cause the grass is growing everywhere, unlike some of the other states.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-20-2012, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOturkey View Post
Here too! I, literally, and am not joking, got hit with one large raindrop this morning, and that was it! The line reformed south of here later in the day, and parts of southern MO and northern AR got some decent rainfall.
Shame it didn't hit the soil. It might have brought back that one blade of grass from brown to green.

We've been getting rain most of the day. At least a 4-5hr soaking. Just that will put my mowing back on 7 day schedule for this coming week. I'm already booked on other jobs for 3-4 weeks and have 2 estimates to do that will more then likely be in the 3-5k range.

All that and I have a riding mower I need to fix for a band member of the Baby Jayne Band. The dude is a scale freak and can play anything. They open for Kix a lot. It's kind of funny but my brother in law went to school with most of the members of Kix. This dude lives a hr away but said he'd give me lessons at my place for free.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The rain has been dodging us with skill this year. It's getting bad. I had to lay a couple guys off for the last 3 weeks or so. Haven't had to do that for a while.
2001 Ford F-350 4x4 SD XLT 7.3PSD
6X16' Tandem axle trailer
5X8 BIG MAX trailer
Exmark Vantage 24/52
Bobcat Predator Pro 61" 26LC
Simplicity Legacy 60" Vanguard Diesel
Redmax EB7001, 7150, 7500
Stihl BG55, SH85
Echo SRM-210, SRM-225 (3), Dolmar 22C
(2) Echo PAS-265
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We can't keep up down here just enough rain to keep the turf growing at a steady pace!
Old 07-21-2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryDaddy View Post
Last weekend we were cutting & a storm poured down on us, by the time we found cover we were soaked & 10 minutes later it had stopped. Went back out to finish (clothes dried in a few minutes from sun shinning). We always be happy for it cause the grass is growing everywhere, unlike some of the other states.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was in the middle of the 1 -1/2 hour weedeating part of a job. I had finished the mowing part. Started pouring down rain. No lightening. I thought, man this feels good and just kept on going