Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:08 PM
kirkmbrown2001's Avatar
kirkmbrown2001 kirkmbrown2001 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: spring city, pa
Posts: 265
Tony, I just re-read your post and I think I know where you are coming from. You think that if someone likes my page, that's it, they are automatically entered. That is not the case. Liking the page is step 1 of 2 to enter the sweepstakes. Step 1, like the page to reveal the form. Step 2, Complete the form, read the terms and conditions and acknowledge it, and then hit submit. THEN your entered.

This is the view of what you would see if you liked my page:



*There are more terms than what is shown, it got cut-off
__________________
Kirk Brown
Kirk's Lawn Care


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:46 PM
tonygreek's Avatar
tonygreek tonygreek is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 2,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmbrown2001 View Post
I'm not meaning to beat you up
That didn't beat me up in any way, so no worries. It's complicated, somewhat obfuscated language and definitely worth a discussion, interpretations or otherwise.

I see where you are coming from, but what I am referring to specifically comes down to this banner's wording ("Like us" to enter our sweepstakes). I don't believe it would pass the FB smell test as it falls outside of their promotions and contest guidelines. I think you're confusing their guidelines where they say you can use the "Like" as a condition of entry, but you cannot use it as the entry. As you know and I know, you're not using it as the entry, but your wording indicates otherwise. Basically, change it to "Like us to find out how..." or whatever, but it can't be the mechanism, which even though you are using an app for the entry, it reads as the mechanism.

All of that said, do I think you'd pop up on their radar for this? I doubt it. But, as Greg pointed out, it just takes a competitor to be a pain in your rear. lol

Cheers,
Tony
__________________
a guy who knows the lawn industry, branding, and web strategy
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:59 PM
branchoutshrub branchoutshrub is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 101
Your page is very nice and colorful. I need to work on mine. Check it out www.branchoutshrub.com and then FB from there. I need idea, but I'm terrible at designing stuff
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-20-2012, 08:02 PM
kirkmbrown2001's Avatar
kirkmbrown2001 kirkmbrown2001 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: spring city, pa
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
I see where you are coming from, but what I am referring to specifically comes down to this banner's wording ("Like us" to enter our sweepstakes). I don't believe it would pass the FB smell test as it falls outside of their promotions and contest guidelines. I think you're confusing their guidelines where they say you can use the "Like" as a condition of entry, but you cannot use it as the entry. As you know and I know, you're not using it as the entry, but your wording indicates otherwise. Basically, change it to "Like us to find out how..." or whatever, but it can't be the mechanism, which even though you are using an app for the entry, it reads as the mechanism.
Done and Done! Changed the text from "Like Us to enter our sweepstakes" to "Like Us to reveal sweepstakes entry form"

Hopefully that will avoid confusion.

Thanks Tony!
__________________
Kirk Brown
Kirk's Lawn Care


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-20-2012, 08:07 PM
tonygreek's Avatar
tonygreek tonygreek is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 2,793
Any time, Kirk. I hope the circuitous discussion of how we arrived there was helpful to others (besides us lol). The really short of it would have been to say, "Just add another word or two so you don't lose your page to the blackhole that is FB customer service.".
__________________
a guy who knows the lawn industry, branding, and web strategy
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-22-2012, 10:31 PM
kirkmbrown2001's Avatar
kirkmbrown2001 kirkmbrown2001 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: spring city, pa
Posts: 265
Short Video of my Sweepstakes Entry Process

Made a video with screen captures showing the process to enter my facebook sweepstakes by liking the page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX9-Z0vSoUw
__________________
Kirk Brown
Kirk's Lawn Care


Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-22-2012, 10:39 PM
ringahding's Avatar
ringahding ringahding is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Stillwater, MN
Posts: 574
Looks great Kirk...you have skills man! !!
__________________
12 Ram 4500 Diesel Dump
08 F250
05 F350
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
4 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed


Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-22-2012, 10:39 PM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,779
Honestly, All I see is your logo and mug on the FB page. Looks super busy.

Where are the posts where your customers are interacting with the page?


..............
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-22-2012, 10:53 PM
kirkmbrown2001's Avatar
kirkmbrown2001 kirkmbrown2001 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: spring city, pa
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
Honestly, All I see is your logo and mug on the FB page. Looks super busy.

Where are the posts where your customers are interacting with the page?


..............
The whole point of this sweepstakes is to have people interact more on my page. This will help drive up my likes and increase page visits. I post content on a regular basis. I just do mostly lawn care, so there isn't as much interaction as if I was posting landscape project photos.
__________________
Kirk Brown
Kirk's Lawn Care


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:37 AM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmbrown2001 View Post
The whole point of this sweepstakes is to have people interact more on my page. This will help drive up my likes and increase page visits. I post content on a regular basis. I just do mostly lawn care, so there isn't as much interaction as if I was posting landscape project photos.
Regardless, It's extremely busy to me. Too much color, erratic to the eyes, etc......

Just calling it like I see it.


....
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
facebook , page , pages , tab , tabs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.08125 seconds with 9 queries