Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-17-2010, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC-GregH View Post
I just got off the phone with the dealer. The black plastic shield is only $20. I had them order it. So now I have a Echo 265 bed redefiner for a additional $150 total. and it works great.
I was wanting to do this as well with my Echo PE-280 edger.. I figured it would work. Like a dummy, I sold my Brown last winter... Now I have a commercial account that requires the beds to be edged....

Home Depot has the blade for 100 here where I live. Do you think you could take some pics of the actual cut for us or maybe a video?

Another thing I was thinking about was taking that blade and attaching it to my walk behind edger... That would give it a little more power and stability....

My only other concern is whether or not it makes a V cut....similar to the Brown...Note: the Brown Bed edger is a top notch tool, just to dam expensive...

97' ISUZU NPR (16' bed)
John Deere F687 60" 7iron w/MCS
John Deere GS30 36"
John Deere GS45 48"
John Deere JS45 21"
Stihl FS80 Pro Trimmer
Stihl FS46 Trimmer
Stihl BG55 Blower
Stihl BR56 X2
Stihl BR600 X2
Red Roo Auger
BRD-280 Bed Redefiner
Echo PE-280 Stick Edger
Echo SHC 212 Hedge Trimmer
Bluebird 24" De-Thatcher
Olathe 88 Plug Aerator
Yard Machines walk-behind Edger
Craftsman Lawn Vacuum/chipper
2-Homelite BP250 backpack blowers
McCullock FR56 Trimmer

Last edited by Johnny test; 08-17-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis215 View Post
alc-gregh, that system sounds great. Great ingenuity. Congrats on the br 600 blower! I just got one and absolutely love it. Always starts on first pull in 25 degrees, even after sitting for two weeks in sub-zero weather. Not kidding. And mine also was bought used one-year old. I am very impressed with the power, how quiet it is, and how it uses almost no gas compared to my old shindaiwa eb630.
really, i just got mine and i am very very diassappointed, i have a echo thats 7 years old thats quieter, lighter, and the power is not even comparable, only good thing is it burns less fuel, but imo who gives a sh t about that.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought the pas 280 because its the same price as the stand alone unit. With the PAS you can interchange other attachments that are also NOT used all the time making it versatile. I used the bed redefiner today for the first time and I was very impressed. I made one pass down the driveway and it was clean as a whistle and ready for mulch.