Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2012, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Stihl FS 70 RC-E Trimmer

Well, I finally went out yesterday and bought a new trimmer. My FS 100rx's are ready to be retired. I went to my dealer and was torn between buying the same models I had before or trying to go back to the 2 stroke style. Well, I was assured that my Stihl was backed by a 7 day money back guarantee, so there was no need to worry. So, I took the FS 70 and I'm going to run it for this week.

I was drawn to it mainly for its weight and its true 2 stroke engine. It just seems like every year I have an issue with every 4 mix engine I have where it starts running like crap or just won't run at all. I end up doing valve adjustments, new carbs, or running sea foam through them because of their tendency to build up carbon in the engine causing running issues. I just remember the days where you bought a 2 stroke and for the life of the machine your maintenance schedule was put gas in the gas tank.

I made a video about the trimmer and my initial feelings on it. Let me know what you guys think. I have one week. Do I keep it or do I bring it back and get the 100's again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4E8m...1&feature=plcp

Tags
fs 70 , grass , lawn , stih , trimmer