Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-20-2012, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Man, another underwear incinerating day. We started before dawn so we could get done by 3. Have an installation meeting with a ctomer tomorrow in Hyde Park. I have a 10k budget to redo a 3k sqft area. Yea, I think I can make that work.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Man, another underwear incinerating day. We started before dawn so we could get done by 3. Have an installation meeting with a ctomer tomorrow in Hyde Park. I have a 10k budget to redo a 3k sqft area. Yea, I think I can make that work.
Thank God, I was waiting for the weekly Patriot update. Good stuff...I love it when people don't nickel and dime and are just looking for good work to be done. Btw, I didn't even have to try and wet my Jockies today...south Florida did it for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-27-2012, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Growth was a little slower this week with less rain. We were done by 2. The guys were fighting for the shower at the shop and then I took them to Hooters on the water for our "halfway there" dinner. Going in search of my next real estate acquisition tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Growth was a little slower this week with less rain. We were done by 2. The guys were fighting for the shower at the shop and then I took them to Hooters on the water for our "halfway there" dinner. Going in search of my next real estate acquisition tomorrow.
Sounds like things are rolling great for you, congrats! August will be 4 years in the biz for me. I am really confident this will be a big year for my company.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-19-2012, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yesterday was moving day into the new house. Of course we got a late start with the 5 hours of solid rain. I have 2 offers on the old house but I am skeptical of their financing. The banks have really upped the number of hoops to jump through. Picked up a few more accounts this week, lost one due to death. Next week is supposed to be wet, but in the 70's. I'll take any break from the heat right now.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Yesterday was moving day into the new house. Of course we got a late start with the 5 hours of solid rain. I have 2 offers on the old house but I am skeptical of their financing. The banks have really upped the number of hoops to jump through. Picked up a few more accounts this week, lost one due to death. Next week is supposed to be wet, but in the 70's. I'll take any break from the heat right now.
Why'd you move if you don't mind me asking? Upgrade? Downsize?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-19-2012, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Why'd you move if you don't mind me asking? Upgrade? Downsize?
Posted via Mobile Device
Upgrade. Added another 1000 sq ft and a 3 car garage. Bigger lot and better view of the fairway. Same community. We originally bought it as a flip but the wife liked the lines and extra space. Plenty of room for upgrades and personalizing.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Upgrade. Added another 1000 sq ft and a 3 car garage. Bigger lot and better view of the fairway. Same community. We originally bought it as a flip but the wife liked the lines and extra space. Plenty of room for upgrades and personalizing.
Good for you. I admire you. You work hard, have a good attitude, and seem to have done well. I look forward to getting to the point where I have my first few full time employees. I'm only a couple decent size resi's away from that. I def think that you need employees to grow. Don't want to be solo.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-19-2012, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Good for you. I admire you. You work hard, have a good attitude, and seem to have done well. I look forward to getting to the point where I have my first few full time employees. I'm only a couple decent size resi's away from that. I def think that you need employees to grow. Don't want to be solo.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, that means a lot. You have same ethic, drive and the benefit of still being young enough to put it to use. You'll be a big player in SoCal before you know it. This was always my side gig while being a military professional. It all just sort of came together when I retired and settled down. Having a ton of family support helped too. I'm just starting to tread back into the real estate game again. Didn't make it huge the first time, but also didn't lose like a lot of folks did when they thought it would never end.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What a difference a few degrees and little less humidity makes. Was almost enjoyable today. Got all the Davis Island accounts done. I told the residents we will be back after the RNC is done. Just my luck some overzealous law dog will hem me up for having fertilizer, diesel fuel, gasoline and road flares at the sames time. Going to spend the weekend doing some add on hurricane cuts on a few tress. Nothing like threat of a hurricane to spook people into spending money.