Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-27-2012, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Which walkbehind and riding lawnmower to buy?

Hey Everyone!
I am new here to lawnsite.com and figured I might as well just go ahead and dive right in and see what this is all about. I just graduated from school and I am looking to start my own landscaping business. I have been doing a good amount of research on some Redmax and Dixon product lines and I also came across some positive comments on Ybravo for a push behind mower (the 25 being peoples preference. The amount of surface area the mower cuts is 20% greater then the 21 model, saving you time and gas.) You guys have any experience with these product lines? Do you not recommend a certain line? Which ones are your favorite and most durable?
Old 07-27-2012, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The Ybravo looks like it is built like a tank and it is. One problem you might have is man handling it on turns. However we bought the top end Honda and it is a load to run but reliable. Never seen any Dixon units in our area.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Over the weekend I was talking with someone who also recommended the larger Ybravo. Think thats my best bet! Thanks for your imput
Old 07-30-2012, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Member

If you talk to any Profitable, key word, ..... Company who has been in business for a while, they will almost always tell you they started with a push mower, one man, and grew over the years. I started with a 21 " craftsman mower, used for 3 mths got a snapped 36 walkbehind and now set up with the best mower on the market,EXMARK . Long story short I never financed a mower, what's a new company gonna do in winter with a payment, let's say repo. There is definitely a peace of mind in having no payments, all profit. I did not buy my equipment new either. Craigslist allways has something that is a very good deal, you just have to look. My equipment never fails and cuts perfect. Now on the size of mowers, let's take a look at ALL major companys, they have a push mower, 36, 48, and 60 and in that order. I have a 48 exmark with mulch kit.(money maker), I save time on leaf clean up, pruning, this thing is amazing, cut compared to walker cut. No other mower can do this. I use my 36 for gates only, there is a reason they make bigger decks, to be more efficient. I hope this helps, but don't take my word, call your local landscape company, most will be more than willing to give advice.
Posted via Mobile Device