Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-18-2012, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Honda always starts easy, my GX31 is always first pull, my GX25 is 2 pulls. I read the 326 is easy starting. Honestly, I never have any brand that take more than 5 pulls.

One comment, the 4 cycles like Honda is so much easier to pull. All the 2 cycles are so much tighter to pull. When I start the 2 cycle 65cc Maruyama bp, I have to use my left foot to step on the frame base, push down on the engine cover on top with my left hand before pulling. If I don't use my feet, I had twice pulled so hard that I pull the blower loose and came up with the pull rope.

Last edited by Alan0354; 05-18-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree, 4 strokes in general seem to be much easier to start. my briggs trimmer starts so easy it's crazy. while 2 strokes need to use a special starter mechanism to make them easier to pull, my 4 stroke is so easy to start, a caveman can do it. seriously, though, for a 34cc engine, it starts easier than even the smallest 2 strokes.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh yeh, my 34cc Shindaiwa C4 hand held blower has a much lighter pull than my 22cc Maruyama hedge trimmer.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
Please tell me how you like it when you give her a try!
Well I used the Husky for the first time today, WOW, what a dream to use. The Honda doesn't even seem to like to be choked, it just starts up and literally purrs when idling. So quiet, smooth, I didn't reek like fumes all day afterwards.

I also got the edger attachment, which worked unbelievably well. I had an Expand-it edger for my troybilt, which would barely cut three blades of St Augustine before bogging down and stalling. Since that broke, it hasn't been edged in over a month, I didn't even have to rev to full throttle, just walked through it like butter.

I'm kicking myself for not getting pro grade stuff 5 years ago, having been through several disposable made in china big box machines. Now I need to make the homelite blower breakdown so I can justify buying the Husky blower to the wife

Good luck in your choice, you won't be disappointed though.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post
It is ok to hang with the pull starter facing up. I hang mine vertical with the engine on top for years and never have a problem.
In fact, if you see Mantis having the engine's flywheel facing down in operating and storing condition. That's the best position. I don't know about turning the other way around. I just know if you lie the trimmer on the side where the cylinder lie sideways, you're going to get it.
Thanks for the reply, good news
Old 05-19-2012, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaggard420 View Post
Well I used the Husky for the first time today, WOW, what a dream to use. The Honda doesn't even seem to like to be choked, it just starts up and literally purrs when idling. So quiet, smooth, I didn't reek like fumes all day afterwards.

I also got the edger attachment, which worked unbelievably well. I had an Expand-it edger for my troybilt, which would barely cut three blades of St Augustine before bogging down and stalling. Since that broke, it hasn't been edged in over a month, I didn't even have to rev to full throttle, just walked through it like butter.

I'm kicking myself for not getting pro grade stuff 5 years ago, having been through several disposable made in china big box machines. Now I need to make the homelite blower breakdown so I can justify buying the Husky blower to the wife

Good luck in your choice, you won't be disappointed though.
Wow man sounds awesome! Thats the review ive been looking for! I wanna buy one now!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i keep trying to tell people on here how good those honda engines are but everyone seems to be stuck in their ways. they wanna use 2 strokes like they always have over the years. trust me. buy a husqvarna with the honda engine or a honda and you will not be disappointed.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Im currently looking at the Husky 327LDx and I have a few questions for people who have used the hedge trimming attachment..

How well does it work? I do a lot of trimming and I have always done it in the past with my two echo traditional style hedge trimmers and I want a pole trimmer because it is a total pain lugging around a ladder and setting it up on every single tree that needs to be trimmed.

At first I was just going to get a new husky grass trimmer and then also the 327HE4x, but why buy two different peices of equipment when I can buy one and then also be able to get many more attachments for it too like the edger? How is the performance and quality of cut of the pole trimmer attachment?
2002 F250 supercab 5.4
2005 Exmark 52" Lazer Z HP
2013 Gravely Pro-Turn 460
2004 Exmark Metro 48" Walkbehind
redmax and Husky blowers and trimmers
1990 John Deere small tractor
2012 8.5x18 with a 3' V Enclosed trailer
Old 07-29-2012, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 323l and a 322l and they are both great. Starts first pull, plenty of power and very reliable.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGlandscape View Post
Im currently looking at the Husky 327LDx and I have a few questions for people who have used the hedge trimming attachment..

How well does it work? I do a lot of trimming and I have always done it in the past with my two echo traditional style hedge trimmers and I want a pole trimmer because it is a total pain lugging around a ladder and setting it up on every single tree that needs to be trimmed.

At first I was just going to get a new husky grass trimmer and then also the 327HE4x, but why buy two different peices of equipment when I can buy one and then also be able to get many more attachments for it too like the edger? How is the performance and quality of cut of the pole trimmer attachment?
JDG we absolutely love our Husqvarna 327LDx's!

Both the hedge trimmer attachments HA110(no extra shaft length) and the HA 850(extended shaft length) work marvelously. Both units can be articulated however you need them to be. The blades/cutters are awesomely sharp and continue to work well after many hours of use. They are heavily built. When you first get either attachment, and before you use it for the first time, I will advise definitely fluid filming or whatever you want to use to lube up the blades well. Let it soak in good before use. That way when you go to wash them off they will clean up much more easily. We actually spray them with fluid film after each use and they spray off clean extremely well. Make sure to keep a lube gun around. These units have grease zerks on them that make it a breeze to grease up the internals. Also note that you will apply grease to the attachment ends as well occasionally. We have used these hedge trimmers quite extensively this summer and they have made us a lot of money with no issues at all.

The edger attachment (model 537 19 69-01/114 00 86-20) works quite well also. It is not meant to try and start chopping new edges into overgrown dirt or turf. Although you can use it for that, it will take you a lot longer than you would think, but it will do it. Its purpose is for a continual trim/finish edging, and it works wonderfully for that. Also buy your edger blades for these in bulk. It is much cheaper in the long run and you will go through blades without a doubt if you edge daily. Maintenance is the same here on this attachment as well. Lube the attach points and shafts occasionally and check the the angle gear every now and then.

Onto the pole saw attachment(PA 1100). Love Love Love this thing! This isn't the super uber extended saw. It is the PA 1100 4 foot attachment. This saw comes with the 12 inch bar which actually gives you 11.5 inches of usable chain to cut with. Full reach with the bar/chain and extension is 60.5 inches plus the 327Ldx = about 67 inches from the fore grip. We still use a 6 /8/10 foot ladder frequently with this set up, but it does do a ton of work from the ground as well.
The standard Husqvarna chain that comes with it does a superb job of cutting and leaves a clean cut. We have already purchased spare chains for the 2 saws attachments we have. The Oregon aftermarket chain(12 inch #91VG045G) seems to stay sharper just a tad longer, but both the Husqvarna and Oregon chains cut extremely well. We ordered the Husqvarna chain sharpening kit and couldn't be happier with it. Ease of use is impeccable and it takes only a few minutes to sharpen the 3 aspects to keep your chain working and cutting flawlessly. One of the best things about this attachment is, you can take off the chainsaw head off from the extension, and you can attach it to the end of the 327LDx itself making it a mini chainsaw. IT IS AWESOME using it this way I must admit. Again talking maintenance of this unit, keep her lubed well at the attachment points, both front and rear, and keep the chain grease filled up. Adjust chain grease output as necessary and keep the inside of the chain and bar housing clean and this saw and attachment wont let you down.

If you have any questions just let me know. If you want to know about the sweeper attachment I can also give a review of that as well.

Here is some pics from a website for a little better observation on this unit and the attachments.

http://www.macarthurmowersandmarine....mer/index.html