Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-31-2012, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
I am just guessing as I am no longer a mgr there and do not have the information to review anymore...but pennzoil was who they bought there bulk oil from in the Tire Lube Express division for oil changes. I would take a guess that Super Tech is made by them or Quaker - dependent on who has the current competition.

WMT is a lot of things but stupid is not one of them. I am sure whatever products they offer a long these lines are made to a specs that ensures your vehicle or mower are taken care of as they do not want the legal woes.
I was gonna say something to this affect...

Walmart has too much to lose to sell shitty oil...if there is one thing people really care about its their cars.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I am just guessing as I am no longer a mgr there and do not have the information to review anymore...but pennzoil was who they bought there bulk oil from in the Tire Lube Express division for oil changes. I would take a guess that Super Tech is made by them or Quaker - dependent on who has the current competition.

WMT is a lot of things but stupid is not one of them. I am sure whatever products they offer a long these lines are made to a specs that ensures your vehicle or mower are taken care of as they do not want the legal woes.
I'll agree with you on that!
Thanks for your replies! I'm calling it a day... Stan
Old 07-31-2012, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

can't help you out with who makes the oil but you might try posting your question on "bob is the oil guy" . Lots of people there that know more about oil than you could ever imagine !!!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan MI View Post
can't help you out with who makes the oil but you might try posting your question on "bob is the oil guy" . Lots of people there that know more about oil than you could ever imagine !!!
That's a really good idea!
Thanks, Stan
Old 08-01-2012, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I doubt that SW or any other manufacture would go through the process of creating a product for WMT with different amount of inputs needed, different production lines etc...only to sell it to them at a lower cost.
That's absolutely not true. You just have to look at the big box stores such as Home Depot or Lowes. From plumbing fixtures to power tools to locksets, even paint brushes- they may be name brands and even have the same model number but they have been de-spec'd by the manufacturer so the big boxes can sell the product at a cheaper price. Manufacturers are willing to do it because the big boxes move a lot of product.

Don't know where I saw it but some HO bought a Deere lawn tractor from HD. When he started to have problems with it he figured he would take it to a JD dealer. The JD service department said about the only thing it had the same as the dealer model is the green paint. They couldn't help him, told him to bring it back to HD.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy-lift guy View Post
I believe in not getting caught up in all the hype about store brands and name brands. The manufacturers of all products have a tier system in place in order to maximize their profit margins. Weather anyone buys a name brand or private lable "store brand" the products are the same.
The guys at Blackstone Labs would beg to differ about all oil being the same. Or head on over to the Bob is the oil guy forums and make that statement. There is just way too much scientific evidence that says that all oils are not the same. That's like saying that all gas is the same. It's not. No one has yet to come up with a good explanation of why BP gas in clear and the rest are amber. Why is that if it's all the same gas?

Old 08-01-2012, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
The guys at Blackstone Labs would beg to differ about all oil being the same. Or head on over to the Bob is the oil guy forums and make that statement. There is just way too much scientific evidence that says that all oils are not the same. That's like saying that all gas is the same. It's not. No one has yet to come up with a good explanation of why BP gas in clear and the rest are amber. Why is that if it's all the same gas?
Richard I know you've spent a lot of time looking into oils, I've read a whole lot of your posts. I think I'm gonna ask a few questions on "Bob is the oil guy" and see what kind of response I get.
Thanks for your reply!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
It might be because it has more water in it...the bp station near the shop I think has water in the tank...been filling up there and truck was cutting out, got some gas from another station...no skips.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
It might be because it has more water in it...the bp station near the shop I think has water in the tank...been filling up there and truck was cutting out, got some gas from another station...no skips.
Right. More water....

Old 08-02-2012, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Right. More water....
It was a joke Richard...
Posted via Mobile Device