Register free!

Old 01-26-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnagain View Post
Diamond I read the other post where they will be sending you a blowout piece. They also said for you to weld the piece to the mower. Find a way to bolt that piece on rather than welding. If you weld it on and you don't like it then it would be much more difficult to remove.
I have a Ferris walk-behind that had the same problem and I bolted on a piece of 1.5*1.5 angle to the front of the deck and it really helped the blowout. You might also want to look at some closeup pictures of the deck on the Badboy outlaw. They have an adjustable baffle on the front of the deck that might help you.
Do you have the hydrocut? I just bought a 32" and bought the kit too....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-27-2012, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have a Hydrocut. I purchased a 48" old belt drive in Georgia from a guy on here for a backup mower.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnagain View Post
I don't have a Hydrocut. I purchased a 48" old belt drive in Georgia from a guy on here for a backup mower.
Oh ok maybe the hydrocut doesn't have that problem then.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2012, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just a little update. I put all the spacers below the blades so they are as high up as they will go and that did help a lot. I've been cutting some tall St Aug the past couple weeks with only a little bit of blowout and little windrowing. I have been running the plate with gators. I think I'm going to run this setup spring-end of summer and the full kit in the winter for leaves.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2012, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Just a little update. I put all the spacers below the blades so they are as high up as they will go and that did help a lot. I've been cutting some tall St Aug the past couple weeks with only a little bit of blowout and little windrowing. I have been running the plate with gators. I think I'm going to run this setup spring-end of summer and the full kit in the winter for leaves.
Posted via Mobile Device
I know this post is old... Better late than never. Are you mowing without the mulching kit but the discharge chute is covered? If so, I would not recommend doing that. All of the grass gets thrown to the right side of the deck, then stops. Your right blade and spindle will get over worked. If your chute is not open, then each blade needs to be enclosed.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Sponsor

I use and have used a Vulture Mulcher kit for my mower, problems completely solved.
easy-lift guy
Old 03-23-2012, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day off? View Post
I know this post is old... Better late than never. Are you mowing without the mulching kit but the discharge chute is covered? If so, I would not recommend doing that. All of the grass gets thrown to the right side of the deck, then stops. Your right blade and spindle will get over worked. If your chute is not open, then each blade needs to be enclosed.
We've been working on Diamonds problem for a while now. We,both have the same setup. Gators can't be run with a full kit without creating too much blowout and actually flattening the grass down. Gators reduce clippings to almost powder so there is no build up under the deck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2012, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

When I had my Fixed deck it had spacers, but the RH I have now doesn't have any spacers and it's the same spindles. Diamond, how did the baffle and mulch kit fit? Is it something that could bolt straight on and not have to force into place every time to get the bolts to line up? I'm getting a lot of wind rows now with just the plate but having the kit sucks when you don't need it or crossing concrete a lot dropping a load every time.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
When I had my Fixed deck it had spacers, but the RH I have now doesn't have any spacers and it's the same spindles. Diamond, how did the baffle and mulch kit fit? Is it something that could bolt straight on and not have to force into place every time to get the bolts to line up? I'm getting a lot of wind rows now with just the plate but having the kit sucks when you don't need it or crossing concrete a lot dropping a load every time.
The kit doesn't perfectly fit you have to finagle it. That is the problem with the full kit-blowout in thick St Augustine. I am going to run the plate with gators in summer and kit with med lift in winter. I agree that the wright mowers leave stragglers. They really need to re-design the smaller decks. Other than that it's a great mower.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Another update. Been running the plate with the stock wright blades and it has been working well. I think better than gators. I just can't run the full kit in summer, to much blowout and it's a messy blowout, different than the plate only. I do think the kit does better with leaves so around octoberish, the full kit will go back on. I do like having both though.
Posted via Mobile Device