Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-05-2012, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
That sure beats pulling a trailer! Especially in Florida subdivisions with small streets and cul-de-sac's.

If that were my setup I'd do fold down mesh sides for pallets and a big debris box up from for trimmings and what not. Maybe even aluminum.

Ric you thinking of starting a fab shop? If so I'll take 2.

I am an Equipment freak and would love to of had a Fab shop. Typical of the Good Old Red Neck Boy I have a ton of formerly utilized parts. You might call it JUNK.

I no longer have a desire to have employees or grow a big company. But from a management man power point of view these smaller Mow & Go trucks can be run by less experienced people. This leave more experiences people to do Landscape installs and Trimming. Brick pavers are the popular thing now and at $ 5.00 a sq ft installed have a nice profit margin etc. Economic slow down this business plan allows the least experienced employee to be laid off while only moving a good man back to mowing.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
Del 9175 - how does it work for you on your f350. I was planning on get one put on my 2001 f350 dually. You probably can only put 1 zero trun on ther right? How does it handle weight wise?
handle the weight? its an F350.. payload is somewhere 4500-6000lbs.. whats a z turn weight these days.. a little over a 1000..

I also glad I don't live where Ed Hess lives in Texas.. We clean our trucks/equipment weekly, paint them yearly and fix whats broke.. personal pet peeve I guess.. invest in your company and it will return in profits
Old 08-05-2012, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlcare2 View Post
handle the weight? its an F350.. payload is somewhere 4500-6000lbs.. whats a z turn weight these days.. a little over a 1000..

I also glad I don't live where Ed Hess lives in Texas.. We clean our trucks/equipment weekly, paint them yearly and fix whats broke.. personal pet peeve I guess.. invest in your company and it will return in profits
That seems to be the image of his company as well...I have found that people will pay more for quality and image...not everyone is destitute in this economy. Show up with a beat up crappy truck and you think people want to pay more?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-06-2012, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
That seems to be the image of his company as well...I have found that people will pay more for quality and image...not everyone is destitute in this economy. Show up with a beat up crappy truck and you think people want to pay more?
Posted via Mobile Device
I probably gave the wrong impression most of the big companies have nice stuff. And this is a big city so we don't operate much in the high end sections We are in the working class section where people live on a living wage:laugh
Old 08-06-2012, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I probably gave the wrong impression most of the big companies have nice stuff. And this is a big city so we don't operate much in the high end sections We are in the working class section where people live on a living wage:laugh
Gotchya. We have a mixed bag of people here. We have über wealthy people, people that work and take in 6 plus figures a year all the way down to the average working stiff.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-06-2012, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

We assumed you were better than that Ed and I was taking it the wrong way!
haha everybody likes nice stuff.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have considered using a F 550 so you can get a 10 foot flat and a dove tail on the truck. Others say the NPR is a better engine chassis for this purpose.

For light residential however I think you could use a smaller light duty truck if you just need a 36 WB, a 21, and trimmers.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I have considered using a F 550 so you can get a 10 foot flat and a dove tail on the truck. Others say the NPR is a better engine chassis for this purpose.

For light residential however I think you could use a smaller light duty truck if you just need a 36 WB, a 21, and trimmers.
The purpose of posting this picture was the smaller size and versatility of that size. Most larger companies will have a shrub trim crew. The Idea of this smaller unit is to get in and out of a Mow & Go quickly. This truck's tail gate wasn't spring loaded but Mine would be. I would also have better Weed Eater racks etc. Anything to make the job easier & quicker.

IMHO in today's economy Mow & Go can be 3 times more profitable than Full service. Down side is Customer loyality and possible slower pay. However Most all my working class customers pay quicker than the upscale customer.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
The purpose of posting this picture was the smaller size and versatility of that size. Most larger companies will have a shrub trim crew. The Idea of this smaller unit is to get in and out of a Mow & Go quickly. This truck's tail gate wasn't spring loaded but Mine would be. I would also have better Weed Eater racks etc. Anything to make the job easier & quicker.

IMHO in today's economy Mow & Go can be 3 times more profitable than Full service. Down side is Customer loyality and possible slower pay. However Most all my working class customers pay quicker than the upscale customer.
Not for me...my highest payers pay right away where the lower ones pay last...just saying for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2012, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Del----- Someone told me that a f350 will old 3000lbs. If you have a zero turn like mine at 1400lbs and all the eqipment you need to get the job done Weed eater,gas,egders ect. It can get kinda heavy . If i could fit 2 of my mowers on my f350 that would be great.