Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-02-2012, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
Do you think we can get some good pics of the tines and drive chains?

I have the lawn solutions version. They sold out to exmark/toro and now I guess lawn solutions is out of business. Emailed all the exmark dealers in a 50 mile radius to see if they would service one and got one reply that they were totally different machines. Although they look the exact same. Just wondering what the difference is.
From what My Toro dealer told me, the machines are the same....other than color and stickers. Toro added a few different things...wheels, front hitch, but almost everything else is the same.

Thru My Toro Dealer locally, I ordered 5 replacement tines for the ExMark 30" Riding Aerator....and it took almost 2 months to receive them. I thought since Fall is getting close....and we've been getting some rain here in Northern Illinois....I should have a few new tines just in case something happens.

This Spring I would have to take a few off after aerating a yard because a rock would get jammed in the tine's hole. Plus I always clean the tines after each day...takes a bit...but it's nice to know that nothing wrong when going into a customer's yard the next day.

I will try to get some pictures of the tines and drive chains...will be busy cutting yards tomorrow...but like I said....it should be the same. And any Toro or ExMark dealer should be able to work on your machine...even though its a Lawn Solutions.
2011 John Deere Pro Gator 2020a
2011 Lawn Solution Dual Hyrdo Aerator 24"
2011 Echo Handheld (trimmers to power pruners)
2007 Big Tex 4ft metal high side 7' x 12' Trailer
2012 PJ 7' x 16' Dump Trailer
2014 Vintage 8.5' x 24' Enclosed Trailer
2012 Ecolawn Applicator model 200 Compost Spreader
Old 08-02-2012, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick13 View Post
I also ordered the new Toro 30" TimeCutter...so I will try that out in my yard too....my son is almost 12 years old and he is going to start learning how to mow...so I can give him a few accounts by our house this summer...once he gets up to speed.

on a little different note---my dad, brother and I did the same thing- started 30 some odd years ago...keep up with it, your son and you will get to spend way more time together...best education i ever got!
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Old 08-02-2012, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
on a little different note---my dad, brother and I did the same thing- started 30 some odd years ago...keep up with it, your son and you will get to spend way more time together...best education i ever got!

We skipped the Toro Time Cutter...to many complaints....we bought their commercial Toro 22" walk behind...aka: little tank...lol.

My son dreads when we start working...but as the day goes...he enjoys it and is learning a lot. So I think you're right...in the end...it will be the best for everyone! Thanks!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe you should get into a Dunkin' Donuts first routine so he has something to look forward to other than just the first job. This worked for my nieces getting out of the house early enough before school, they were almost running to get ready. Works for me too! Otherwise by 33 works work, until you have an Exmark 30" aerator of course.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-06-2012, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We usually do McDonald's in the a.m. When I say "dread"...he gets peer pressure from the neighbor kids (some that are older) don't do work with their Dad's, Mom's, or expected to do anything around their houses. His friends have their Mom's clean, cook, and do everything for them. Their Dad's don't expect their kids to do anything around the house....except play PS3, XBox, or on-line games with their computers/Ipads. Almost anything to keep their kids out of their parents hair.

My wife and I feel that we need to get the boys ready for life. Clean up after yourself, help out around the house, play with their friends outside, limit video games to 1 hour a day. I don't want lazy kids, that don't respect the hard work that my wife and I provide for our family. We want kids that can support themselves when they get older. So for most parents its easier to have the kids watch tv, play video games, or surf the net (instant babysitter) instead of spending time together teach them about life. Spending time explaining and talking to their kids, teaching them, and listening to what their kids have to say. And when you disagree...you talk about why and where you are coming from so that they can understand.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Can you attach a dethatcher unit on the front of the Esmark. Just thinking it would better than buying a power-rake? Then lawn Sweeper on back to finish?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2012, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Being that Exmark has delayed the 24" Dual Hydro and I can't wait any longer, I am springing for the rider. I will be ordering tomorrow! Pretty excited for this machine though. Probably will be happier that I will have the rider in the long run. Great financing incentive right now as well.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm pulling the trigger to! Talked to my dealer this afternoon. Picking up a Billy Goat seeder as well. Plus you can't beat the financing deals they've got right now through Sheffield. The Turfco units have been great, but I want to step up to something a tad more productive. The Turnaer and the LS 22 seeder have their place and I will likely hang on to them. Just need something a little faster and less operator fatigue.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Speaking of fatigue, my first service this morning was 1 acre. From maps.google it didn't really look like an acre when giving the price by phone. After making my first outline lap I was just dreaming that someone would pull up with an exmark demo unit or something. But no such luck, it was just me and my little XT5 along with a zip-tie to hold the drive handle forward. I tried to take as many corners off as I could to just leave cruise control on continuously. Two hours & two tanks of gas later & I was done. The following 3 jobs felt like a breeze after that whopper.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You guys will be glad that you bought the rider. The one thing to remember is not to take too sharp of a turn with your tines down. This is where other guys have be having problems with their belts breaking. Try to run straight lines and overlap your areas so you can lift up your tines while you turn around....and then re-engage your tines to start pulling new plugs.

Good luck with your new machine!!! Can't wait until Toro/ExMark comes out with their new attachments for the 30" Aerator....they have a hitch hookup in the front.