Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2012, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Member

whats better, trac vac or side catcher for commercial walk behinds

have a 48 bobcat, been thinking about picking up a used trac vac 470 for it. I have a steel and poly side catcher, the grass packer brand. The grass packer seems to hold more than the steel and work well, but is the trac vac going to really hold much more? Seems like it's going to be in the way and a pain to mount/unmount as I don't need it all year. Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive never used the trac vac set up but I know a few guys here have. My concern would be with dust blowing in my face and seeing around the trashcan mounted on the mower. Im sure once your used to its no big deal. Ive seen a dual trashcan catcher for the walkbehind that uses smaller Rubbermaid cans as well that I believe has more capacity if your going that route.

Personally I have not felt the needed to go beyond an Accelerator catcher. I am going to get the extension this fall and up my capacity. Good luck.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
Ive never used the trac vac set up but I know a few guys here have. My concern would be with dust blowing in my face and seeing around the trashcan mounted on the mower. Im sure once your used to its no big deal. Ive seen a dual trashcan catcher for the walkbehind that uses smaller Rubbermaid cans as well that I believe has more capacity if your going that route.

Personally I have not felt the needed to go beyond an Accelerator catcher. I am going to get the extension this fall and up my capacity. Good luck.
I'm considering one of those huge bags that goes over the back of the catcher. I can't spend the money on an accelerator. I have to make due with the steel or grass packer and I get a lot of leaves. It seems it's a problem every year and I haven't figured put a good way to pick them up yet
Posted via Mobile Device