Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2012, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundOneMN View Post
there are alot of little things you can do to help pay off big in the SEO side. Trust me, we did ours this winter, and went from no where to second page and first page in some keywords.

Check out our site if you want to see...
Looks great. As a suggestion, you could probably do better if they addressed the lack of some basic seo elements on your home page. The lack of content, which is not the absolute worst thing in the world, can be overcome by reworking the graphical text headings on your images as H tag overlays, alt tags for your images, and tweaked from there.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I love having a website. I get all kinds of annoying phone calls from people wanting to try and improve my rank. I ask them, how did you find me?
Those oblivious, shotgun approach calls are awesome, aren't they? I have one nationally targeted, high traffic retail site that ranks top 3 for the relevant keywords we target and I still get those calls. If I'm in the mood, it's fun wasting their time.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Looks great. As a suggestion, you could probably do better if they addressed the lack of some basic seo elements on your home page. The lack of content, which is not the absolute worst thing in the world, can be overcome by reworking the graphical text headings on your images as H tag overlays, alt tags for your images, and tweaked from there.
Yes, and that is part two this winter, we are a referral based business, that wanted a sleek and very elegant website that also has some info. We werent out to be SEO crazy off the bat and knew we were going to lose due to the lack of front page content. But in the end the wesite represents our work and our capabilities.

Minneapolis Landscaping Design | View Our Latest Landscaping Design Projects
Old 08-09-2012, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Those oblivious, shotgun approach calls are awesome, aren't they? I have one nationally targeted, high traffic retail site that ranks top 3 for the relevant keywords we target and I still get those calls. If I'm in the mood, it's fun wasting their time.
Better yet is the so called directory that has everything right except you number. You decide to log on to correct the "free" listing. Within 5 minutes you have gotten 15 phone calls offering to help your google rank from someone in india. At one point the calls will coming so fast they were nailing the caller ID. I'd say I gotta go I have another call and it was them.

I love the business the internet brings. There are plenty of good resources but they are many times more in crooks.