Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2012, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Member

appartment complex bidding help

I am new at the commercial side of things and i got asked to put in a bid on three apartment complex's with about 20 buildings each give or take. the job will consist of keeping beds mulched and clean, bushes trimmed, grass cut, edged, and trimmed on a weekly basis. im expecting to use two guys and i think i can get two of the three complex's done in one day. the complex's are really close together (as far as drive time goes). Im just a little over my head and i dont want to over bid and not get the job but i dont want to under bid. This is my first time to bid on appartments and i really want to get the account. I was thinking anywhere from $6,000.00-$6,500.00 per month for all three.? any suggestions?

Last edited by bvalle1988; 08-09-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: not specific
Old 08-09-2012, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

sure sounds good but so does 1500, not to attack you, but how are we supposed to give you any advice if we know no specs of the job?? Sq.Ft. of beds, turf, obstacles, linear foot of edging, etc etc etc.... Get what I'm getting at?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not that we need specs deererunner...we are here for advice not to complete a proposal for someone else.

Are you just guessing at the 6K a month? or is that what you figured up with everything in mind.? Nobody knows these properties as good as you do...im sure you took ample time to walk them? Would the 6K a month cover any extra insurance expenses needed? employees wages, equipment purchase/maintenance,fuel & possible 30% profit left over?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

use a number like $6287.43 per month, it makes you sound like you really did some serious figuring on this.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I do about 25 Townhome buildings for less, a total of 150 units give or take. Post an aerial photo or address so we can look at it. If you prefer PM me. If we push it we can finish all of these units in one day 3 workers, 2 mowing and one edging/trimming. This is biweekly.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-09-2012, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
use a number like $6287.43 per month, it makes you sound like you really did some serious figuring on this.
I came up with $6343.87 You're lowballing it.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunton Guy View Post
Not that we need specs deererunner...we are here for advice not to complete a proposal for someone else.

Are you just guessing at the 6K a month? or is that what you figured up with everything in mind.? Nobody knows these properties as good as you do...im sure you took ample time to walk them? Would the 6K a month cover any extra insurance expenses needed? employees wages, equipment purchase/maintenance,fuel & possible 30% profit left over?
on a serious note. I completely agree with this advice. You have to know your numbers to play the game. Anything less and you could fold if you bid incorrectly. I certainly can't tell you what to bid or even if YOUR price is what it should be. In all honesty, you should either do some serious math and crunch the numbers or just simply tell them your schedule is already full and pass on it until you have more time bidding properties.

Tags
appartment , commercial account , lawn and landscaping , lawn mowers