Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-10-2012, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Why are customers so rude

I had a weekly lawn maintenance customer call me and say to skip that week because they treated there lawn,but to come back next week. I went past that persons house the same day they called me because I had a job on the same block, I took notice that there lawn was pretty long. I went back this week to do that house and a few houses on the same block.When I went to mow the person who said to skip a week because of the treated lawn, the lawn looked freshly mowed. I rang the bell a few times, know one answered even though there cars were in the drive. I even tried calling the guy and there has been no response from him. And this guy was always happy with my work.
At least the guy should been decent to call and say he does not need me anymore. What would you do in this situation? Why does it seem that people get weird and cheap this time of year with there lawns, even though they have been happy the whole rest of the season?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Leave a nice message on his phone if he still wants you to keep cutting. If they don't call back by the day before it is suppose to be cut ,don't do it and wait.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:47 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

It has happened to me twice and both times the lawn was mowed by accident by other lawn care personnel. I retained both accounts.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Sponsor

For some customers being rude comes natural. Still others lower themselfs and make being rude a bit of a game or their own form of art. I personally have no time to squander on accounts like these described by the OP. I trust my judgement and fair play
on this matter. Mutual respect and consideration by both the vendor and the customer is key. If neither is possible purge the customer from your business and move forward.
Don't waste valuable emotional capital on accounts that live to pull your strings
or think they are in control.
easy-lift guy