Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-20-2012, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Hartford..... hah

I suppose as long as they are working for you they might be OK.

When one of their insured is responsible for a wreck......... they duck and dive and do every thing they can
include full out lying to avoid paying for things like lost revenue etc from the wreck their guy caused.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS## View Post
The Hartford..... hah

I suppose as long as they are working for you they might be OK.

When one of their insured is responsible for a wreck......... they duck and dive and do every thing they can
include full out lying to avoid paying for things like lost revenue etc from the wreck their guy caused.
I have put in a few claims with them. One was a large one in which one of my trucks rear ended one of my other trucks at a redlight. They didn't even give me a problem with that one. I think a lot of it comes down to the agent you have.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I sleep with one eye open worrying about my equipment being stolen its a nightmare.

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692

Old 07-23-2012, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thats to bad! Hopefully they find those guys!
Toro
STHIL
Shindawia
Western Salt Spreader
Billy Goat
Tomahawk

Minnesota certified pesticide applicator
NOT MY PRESIDENT!

Brotherhood 2000 plus fourteen
"The real lawn care Jesus"
Old 08-05-2012, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

AND THEY WONDER WHY SO MANY PEOPLE SLEEP With one finger on the trigger of a gun!

I finally got a shop that was FILLED with Security Cameras...LOVE IT! Last company Decked it out! I can see the whole shop Inside and out on my laptop or Iphone. Also receive a text when anyone opens the gate to the yard or opens the shop door.... All (well MOST) of the trucks and equipment have locators. Yeah it cost a lot up front but after your 100k dollar truck and 7k dollar trailer rig has been stolen is NOT the time to wish you had it...

PM For DETAILS!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Member

They did find one of the rigs in Miami (of course) ....The other 2 are probally out in the fields in homestead stripped clean ( miami again of course) or on a container ship same day and down to south america it goes for big profits ....I so love it down here ! lol
Old 08-06-2012, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Member

I will be calling my insurance agaent today ..I have the inland marine policy but never even thought about the rental of equipment if something happens AGAIN ...LOL .....Thanks for this info ...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenIndustryAssociates View Post
This is also why when shopping for insurance you should be concerned with wore than what the policy will cost. When I was getting quotes I also requested documentation of payout time frames for major theft, fire to shop, accidents, etc, that could lead to the loss a large per engage of equipment. Something that is crucial in our industry. The policy I have allows me rental coverage of the same or better equipment, while settleing a lose. The rental on small equipment extends one week past the date the insurance payment is made to allow me time to shop for equipment. On large equipment and trucks the rental extends 2 weeks after I receive the insurance payment.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Spreadbury

I own Spreadbury landscape, we are out of Hernando County. On Aug. 02, 2012 we got robbed. One of my F-250 , 20 ft trailer, and just under 30,000 in equipment was stolen. We found the truck and trailer within a couple of hours, and of course no equipment. It was found off of I-4 Dover exit on back street. I have heard this has been happening alot lately. I spoke to a couple of companies and all of their trucks have been found in the same general area. They are targeting F-250 up to F-550 because they can punch the locks, so watch your stuff. Does anyone have any ideas who may be doing this, or where the equipment is going.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadburylawn View Post
I own Spreadbury landscape, we are out of Hernando County. On Aug. 02, 2012 we got robbed. One of my F-250 , 20 ft trailer, and just under 30,000 in equipment was stolen. We found the truck and trailer within a couple of hours, and of course no equipment. It was found off of I-4 Dover exit on back street. I have heard this has been happening alot lately. I spoke to a couple of companies and all of their trucks have been found in the same general area. They are targeting F-250 up to F-550 because they can punch the locks, so watch your stuff. Does anyone have any ideas who may be doing this, or where the equipment is going.
Foord trucks are the easiest to steal ..It takes 2 seconds to do it ....Acouple things you can do is install JIMMIJAMMERS ..These are metal plates that u bolt in behind lock cylinders ..Also the plastic handle assembly can be switched with the metal assemblies ( i HAVE A SCREWDRIVER MARK IN MY METAL ONE NOW ..THEY COULDNT BREAK IT ) ... You can leave cylinder linkage disconnected if you have auto locks ....I even have an inline fuel shutoff that i turn off nightly ..They steal it they wont get far ...The equipment is being bought and sold in the same areas in every city ...Its real bad here ...
Old 08-14-2012, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Leaf Above View Post
Foord trucks are the easiest to steal ..It takes 2 seconds to do it ....Acouple things you can do is install JIMMIJAMMERS ..These are metal plates that u bolt in behind lock cylinders ..Also the plastic handle assembly can be switched with the metal assemblies ( i HAVE A SCREWDRIVER MARK IN MY METAL ONE NOW ..THEY COULDNT BREAK IT ) ... You can leave cylinder linkage disconnected if you have auto locks ....I even have an inline fuel shutoff that i turn off nightly ..They steal it they wont get far ...The equipment is being bought and sold in the same areas in every city ...Its real bad here ...
Will the Jimmijammers prevent a towing company from being able to slim jim the door when you lock the keys inside? The fuel line shutoff is a good idea. I know a lot of guys that have them on classic cars. They range from a simple valve such as on mower tanks to electronic ones that have a switch hidden under the dash