Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-13-2012, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Stripes look real good. Im on the fence right now of getting a grasshopper. I like mowing with front deck mowers. Do you use the collection system with the GH ?

And like others had asked , How did you get up to 45 accounts ?

Keep the pics coming .
Old 08-13-2012, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Isn't it obvious how he jumped to 45 accounts? He does incredible work, nice job! I bet you get 80 next year. Best of luck.
21" Exmark x-series
21" John Deere JX75
Redmax trimmers and blowers
Old 08-13-2012, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I will answer the questions asked, but first I would just like to say thank you to the people commenting on my work! It is greatly appreciated, I only have 2 employee's and we do a lot of talking about my business but to hear things from other professionals in this business is really great and I do really appreciate anyones input!
52" Scag Hydro
Echo Blowers
Redmax Blowers
Echo Trimmers
Echo Edger
Bunch More Echo stuff
14x6.5 Single Axle
16x7 Tandem Axle
Old 08-13-2012, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Member

haha yea that was a roll bar that came off a truck I totaled a few years back.... Just finally sold that thing after it has been on craigslist for a year now lol.
52" Scag Hydro
Echo Blowers
Redmax Blowers
Echo Trimmers
Echo Edger
Bunch More Echo stuff
14x6.5 Single Axle
16x7 Tandem Axle
Old 08-13-2012, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks man, I really appreciate that! I will post a message regarding how I managed to make my way to the accounts I have now.
52" Scag Hydro
Echo Blowers
Redmax Blowers
Echo Trimmers
Echo Edger
Bunch More Echo stuff
14x6.5 Single Axle
16x7 Tandem Axle
Old 08-13-2012, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktw25 View Post
Those stripes in my opinion have to be in the top 5 best ive ever seen!!! If you don't mind answering, how did you go from 6 accounts to 45 the next?
Thanks man, I really appreciate that! I will post a message regarding how I to make my way to the accounts I have now.
52" Scag Hydro
Echo Blowers
Redmax Blowers
Echo Trimmers
Echo Edger
Bunch More Echo stuff
14x6.5 Single Axle
16x7 Tandem Axle
Old 08-13-2012, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Member

As far as the accounts I picked up, I spent so many hours researching how I could get a good number of new clients I pretty much spent all winter planning on Spring 12. I did have a really good fall last year and 5-6 of my clients were people who didnt have a lawn service last year and were happy with there cleanup and decided to go with my lawn maintenance service, I did a ton of direct mailers I drove all over my city and surrounding citys getting addresses from medium-high income neighborhoods. I also did some door to door walking on Sunday mornings and talked to the potential clients (only landed 4 customers there), I did door hangers, my website I made completely by myself (I was proud of it lol, even tho it does need some more work and I know that) brought in some leads. I have picked up about 10 clients since June, 2 neighbors of my clients and the rest were all residentials that had a contractor they just were not happy with. I offer a guarntee with my work, if there not happy after the first two cuts there on me and the commitment is over (noone has left me.....yet lol) I did choose not to do residential contracts I only have contracts with my commercial clients, I only have about 6 commercial clients at this time. My condominiums I picked up came to me, I have no idea how the first one got my number because I did barly any advertisment by late last summer but they did call and asked for a 1 year contract bid broke down into monthly payments (to include snow plowing)... I turned in the bid and they called 3 months later wanting to sign, this was what started it all. Then my other condominiums called RIGHT before snow plow season wanting a bid, I got it for snow plowing and since then just taking it season by season with them. I feel like I will sign a new year contract with both of these clients by the end of summer for another year, I have gotten very good feedback from them and they both are ready to review a new contract from me...well see where that goes!

I will post some more pics tonight!!

(Just picked up a 2 year residential contract this morning!)
52" Scag Hydro
Echo Blowers
Redmax Blowers
Echo Trimmers
Echo Edger
Bunch More Echo stuff
14x6.5 Single Axle
16x7 Tandem Axle
Old 08-13-2012, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
Stripes look real good. Im on the fence right now of getting a grasshopper. I like mowing with front deck mowers. Do you use the collection system with the GH ?

And like others had asked , How did you get up to 45 accounts ?

Keep the pics coming .

Thanks man! I love my grasshopper, leaves a great cut and never has let me down at 1200 hours (bought with 900 this spring). I use it for a lot of my mowing, I ordered a flap from grasshopper for one of there newer decks and put it on mine (for striping). I have a de-thatch unit for it and the hopper, the hopper is great. I used it for cleanups this spring and it was a big time savor, of course. I never clogged it or anything like that, even in wet conditions. I will for sure buy another one (grasshopper) and I will keep the hopper on full time on one of the units for bagging lawns during the cutting season, a couple of my clients have asked about that and I didnt want to offer it because I use the Gh so much I didnt want to have the hopper constantly on there, if I have two I will keep one on full time and offer bagging if they have somewhere I can dump the clippings on there property, which in my area a lot of my clients have wooded areas or there neighbors that I mow do where so for most people who are interested in getting there lawn bagged, this will not cause the issue of me being stuck with clippings during my route, this fall I plan to keep it on full time as well. Hope this helps, I would say I am extremely happy with my GH, but I do have excellent dealer support which is always a bonus, one last things I have a lot of trees I mow around, it is great having the front deck to go under...saves my trimmer guy from getting under all those spider web infested trees 8-10 am...lol.
52" Scag Hydro
Echo Blowers
Redmax Blowers
Echo Trimmers
Echo Edger
Bunch More Echo stuff
14x6.5 Single Axle
16x7 Tandem Axle
Old 08-13-2012, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Member

How do you like the 7.3?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktw25 View Post
How do you like the 7.3?
I love the 7.3, I've been wantin one for a while, just had a problem findin one. It's everything I wanted out of a truck!
Posted via Mobile Device