Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-13-2012, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty View Post
.11 -.12 cents what a schmuck, is this one of them things you guys swear you get what you pay for... lol but seriously I think we are paying closer to .07 a square for en-140.
i dont know the exact cost. i know that i pay around $615 for a 15' roll, which includes 6% sales tax.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
i dont know the exact cost. i know that i pay around $615 for a 15' roll, which includes 6% sales tax.

How many feet are on that roll? There must be like 500 or more cause we pay about 285 for a 12' x 300' roll of gold line.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ya we are at right around $300 including tax for a 12'x360'
Old 08-13-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I meant they install hardscapes not build houses. But I get your point.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-14-2012, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
I meant they install hardscapes not build houses. But I get your point.
Posted via Mobile Device
Now the story is coming together. This really reinforces my "over explaining" statement, see - I was dead on correct. That clown knows they should be using fabric. You're their competition, so he was trying to influence you so you would not have an edge on them.

One of my pet peeves is I never buy product from my competition. I will never give my competition a dime. That enables them profit. With profit they can market and advertise. They can hire smooth talking sales reps. Buy equipment. Etc.

A lot of hardscape clowns don't use fabric. They usually don't stay in business more than 6 years.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-14-2012, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm sure there are no hidden agendas on his part , I mean do you really believe the guy is going to feed him bs just toad himself look good. Get real
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-14-2012, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Aaaaanyways, I'm still going to use the geotextile as almost eveything I have read states you should, but will be watching what he told me closely in the coming future. It makes sense to use the fabric so that your base and the fun clay soils do not mix. He made a statement saying that they (whoever they are, I'm assuming Atlas Block) have shown that the fabric becomes clogged over time and that the water gets trapped in the base because it cannot flow out. Again I'm not going to go against hardscaping biblery, just was a little shocked to hear that. DVS you make a point but why would they tell every contractor or joe schmoe off the street wrong information on purpose? They seem to be moving into more of the distributor role than building. Having people getting upset at wrong information would do only one thing and thats kill their sales in distribution. But whatever.

Starting to get a little anxiety of doing this project (first one and having multiple things to complete). But I am also looking forward to try and complete this with the best possible methods. Thanks to my brother for letting me do this, I hope we're still talking when I finish!!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedosix View Post
I'm sure there are no hidden agendas on his part , I mean do you really believe the guy is going to feed him bs just toad himself look good. Get real
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow Andy you're awfully grouchy and nasty lately. You tell me to "get real", perhaps you need to get L---" LOL.

In the world of biz the strategy is to keep your customers from venturing elsewhere. So yes, I do believe that. Is that ok with you?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-14-2012, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
Aaaaanyways, I'm still going to use the geotextile as almost eveything I have read states you should, but will be watching what he told me closely in the coming future. It makes sense to use the fabric so that your base and the fun clay soils do not mix. He made a statement saying that they (whoever they are, I'm assuming Atlas Block) have shown that the fabric becomes clogged over time and that the water gets trapped in the base because it cannot flow out. Again I'm not going to go against hardscaping biblery, just was a little shocked to hear that. DVS you make a point but why would they tell every contractor or joe schmoe off the street wrong information on purpose? They seem to be moving into more of the distributor role than building. Having people getting upset at wrong information would do only one thing and thats kill their sales in distribution. But whatever.

Starting to get a little anxiety of doing this project (first one and having multiple things to complete). But I am also looking forward to try and complete this with the best possible methods. Thanks to my brother for letting me do this, I hope we're still talking when I finish!!
Clogging? For patios? The fab isn't used for water drainage! It's used as a membrane.

Tell that guy he should keep quiet that way all we can do is wonder if he's stupid. Cause when he talks we know he's stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-14-2012, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You tend to guess a lot and as usual your wrong, I think with all the time you spend typing your bs it's you who needs to get laid. Bozzo
Posted via Mobile Device