Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-13-2012, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a couple yards that have not recovered and are pretty much done for the year. These yards are in a new development where the yards all turned to toast, except for the watered ones. I will be oveseeding next month, but the season will be wrapping up by the time the grass has come back.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-13-2012, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
Looks good oaknut! You should have checked out quick signs. They were great
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks man. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I designed it myself and wasn't sure if it would look as good "in person" as it did "on paper".
It's completely different from my initial concept. I decided to simplify it to allow for better visibility when backing up. I can't see my trailer at all in my side mirrors until it's turned (and by then it's usually turned too far), so I came up with the design you see here.

It was more of a challenge than I expected, as a result of all the little "obstacles" on the glass that needed to be worked around. Every time I turned around I found my design went right where one of those dang "buttons" were. Grrrr...

I was going to use my logo initially, but it would have blocked too much of my view, so I used elements of it - the font used for "Oak Leaf" as well as the leaf graphics. I'll probably be using my actual logo on the side lettering.

The color is Avery Champagne Mist Metallic. It looks different depending on the angle you view it. One minute it looks like a near perfect match of the truck color and from another angle it looks silver.

It cost $65 + $10 shipping.

Oh, and he asked if I had any other "small words" I'd like to have cut from the scrap vinyl, so I sent a file with several things on it and he included 3 logos with the order.
I placed one on my mower.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thats not too bad. At quick signs i got all 4 sides of my truck done for 190 installed
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-13-2012, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
Thats not too bad. At quick signs i got all 4 sides of my truck done for 190 installed
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah QuickSigns is pretty good, $350 to get my dump all decked out. Well worth the money!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-17-2012, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Western PA Landscapers!

Hey guys! New member here from The Burgh. My name is Nate and myself, my dad, and my brother run Stockman Lawnscape based out of Plum. We do a lot of work around Oakmont, Penn Hills, Plum, Murraysville, Monroeville, etc. Glad to see other guys from around here that seem nice. Most guys we run into are always pretty rude. Anyways, glad to be apart of the forum! We are hiring right now too if anyone knows of reliable guys!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockmanLawnscape View Post
Hey guys! New member here from The Burgh. My name is Nate and myself, my dad, and my brother run Stockman Lawnscape based out of Plum. We do a lot of work around Oakmont, Penn Hills, Plum, Murraysville, Monroeville, etc. Glad to see other guys from around here that seem nice. Most guys we run into are always pretty rude. Anyways, glad to be apart of the forum! We are hiring right now too if anyone knows of reliable guys!
Welcome.

You're hiring? What's the pay like? I work for myself and my boss is an a$$.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockmanLawnscape View Post
Welcome.

You're hiring? What's the pay like? I work for myself and my boss is an a$$.

Hahaha the pay is good for people who know what they're doing! If your seriously interested, you can email me so we don't clutter up the thread!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well hello nate. I only mow one day for a few hours in penn hills. Maybe we will see you around
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-17-2012, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Western PA Landscapers!

Hey McG! I'll keep an eye out for ya! Anyone else get caught in the rain today? I was running a ZTR in Oakmont at one of our bigger clients house when the skies opened up. I was halfway done and the radar was all green. Had to keep going! I don't think the guys were too happy with me haha
Old 08-17-2012, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just got out of my wet clothes.

Got three out of six done.

Tags
n'at!