Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-17-2012, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozwad View Post
After reading all the glowing reviews for the G6 blades, I bought a set a while back to try. With the standard Exmark blades (p/n 103-6403), if I didn't mow twice a week, I didn't like the look of the amount of clippings left on top of the grass. I was hoping that the G6 would allow me to mow only once a week without having to double cut. Unless I need to make some other adjustment to my deck (Exmark Ultracut 60 Series 6), the G6 (p/n 1036403) are worse than the stock blades as far as dispersing clippings. My grass is tall fescue, and I've been cutting at 4.5" due to the high heat this summer. The actual cut is great, and there is no clumping under the deck, but the clippings are dispersed (or not) into clumps about 1 row over. Sorry for the ignorance, but this wasn't what I was expecting. The grass was mowed when dry, and I tried with the chute defector both raised and lowered ... and the results were the same. Attached are some pics from my phone, if that helps to identify the issue. Or perhaps, the G6 blades just don't work that well for my deck and grass type.

Any suggestions?
I have several bi-weekly accounts and I can assure you that the G6's won't vaporize the clippings nor reduce clumping issues with your type of deck,especially when you're cutting fescue,been there and done everything imaginable with those G6's,doubles ,low lifts,mid lifts but G'6s on bottom with a low lift on top gave the best over all cut,along with dispersal when double cutting.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon OEP View Post
There are around 60 new G5 blades scheduled to release sometime in October. I will pass on more information next month.

I will keep my fingers crossed that my mowers one of the 60 and that I can actually get em orderd and in time for leaves !
Old 08-18-2012, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon OEP View Post
There are around 60 new G5 blades scheduled to release sometime in October. I will pass on more information next month.
Any chance of G5/G6 blades will be available in a 5/8" spindle with diagonal measurement in the 15.125" or even.15.5". Looking for ones for a BOP Quick 44.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-19-2012, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Asked our dealer for a price on G6 blades today for our Ferris, $32 plus tax each.

I will be ordering them from www.expressmowerparts.com I can get two sets for the price of one.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS-Tx View Post
Asked our dealer for a price on G6 blades today for our Ferris, $32 plus tax each.

I will be ordering them from www.expressmowerparts.com I can get two sets for the price of one.
Make sure you check with the guys in the link Richard Martin posted above too. They're hard to beat usually.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Make sure you check with the guys in the link Richard Martin posted above too. They're hard to beat usually.
Will do, Thanks.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS-Tx View Post
I thought it was a sin to not support your local dealer, regardless of the price?

Old 08-19-2012, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I thought it was a sin to not support your local dealer, regardless of the price?
That's jk right?

Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ordered two sets of G6 today, can't wait to try them out.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Jack View Post
I have several bi-weekly accounts and I can assure you that the G6's won't vaporize the clippings nor reduce clumping issues with your type of deck,especially when you're cutting fescue,been there and done everything imaginable with those G6's,doubles ,low lifts,mid lifts but G'6s on bottom with a low lift on top gave the best over all cut,along with dispersal when double cutting.
Dang!! Yes, I was hoping for a magic bullet and that the G6 blades would at least pulverize, if not vaporize, the clippings as well as evenly distribute them across the discharge area. Oh well, guess I'll have to face reality. Thanks for the feedback. To clarify, when you ran with G6's on the bottom and low lifts on the top, did you still have to double cut?