Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-22-2012, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Echo 280s won't start anymore. Any advice?

I have an Echo 280s that I purchased brand new in May of 2011. I started having problems with it about a month ago. It started with the typical bogging down. I bought a carb rebuild kit, changed the fuel lines and filters, spark plug was also replaced. After all that, I had the same result. I then took the muffler off and checked for build up. There was a little carbon so I cleared that out and still the same problem persisted. I left it alone for a week and now it won't start at all. I know it is a big NO NO to use Ether on small engines but I tried anyways, still nothing.

It has spark, right fuel mixture, new fuel lines and filters, carb has been cleaned. Where do I go from here?

Also, I tried taking the muffler off and starting it and fuel was shutting out of the exhaust for a few pulls.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea where to go from here. I'm dumbfounded
Old 08-22-2012, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontLiner View Post
I have an Echo 280s that I purchased brand new in May of 2011. I started having problems with it about a month ago. It started with the typical bogging down. I bought a carb rebuild kit, changed the fuel lines and filters, spark plug was also replaced. After all that, I had the same result. I then took the muffler off and checked for build up. There was a little carbon so I cleared that out and still the same problem persisted. I left it alone for a week and now it won't start at all. I know it is a big NO NO to use Ether on small engines but I tried anyways, still nothing.

It has spark, right fuel mixture, new fuel lines and filters, carb has been cleaned. Where do I go from here?

Also, I tried taking the muffler off and starting it and fuel was shutting out of the exhaust for a few pulls.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea where to go from here. I'm dumbfounded
When you took the muffler off did you check to see if the exhaust was full of carbon? If 280 has a muffler screen take it out. The next step is to get the anti tamper plugs off the 2 needle valves and adjust them.