Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-23-2012, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Please review my product selling at WW Grainger for fall cleanups

Hello everyone,

I'm going to make this as short as possible. I just signed on with this site as a sponsor so that I can share my product with you. I'm just a small time entrepreneur/inventor that was lucky enough to have WW Grainger see value in my product. I am now an authorized supplier of theirs, which is a great honor of mine to be affiliated with them. You can find my product, the Slap-on attachment, on their website, www.grainger.com, and typing "slap-on" in the search field. It was just added to their product lineup this month, so all of the required and optional accessories for the product have to still be worked out. Its purpose is to assist you in fall cleanups and other cleanups that might require raking or sweeping.

The attachment works on Grainger's 48 and 55 gallon Tough Guy
square receptacles, product #s 5DMV5 and 6YLP6. The item number for ordering the can liners from Grainger is 5XL60. They are 42.5" wide by 48" long, 1.1 mil in thickness, low density, and 56-gallon capacity can liners. You can reference my web page, www.slapon.net, to get a better understanding of the Slap-on attachment's use. A frequent poster here has tried the product and may be willing to share with you his experiences. I'll have to check with him though before I let you know if it's alright.

Please let me know what you think. Your opinions are very important to me and I will respond to every inquiry. I'll also apologize up front that you will probably be seeing a lot of posts from me because it is so important that I share my message about this product. Also, please share this information with anyone that may be interested in the product.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I can grab an old bungee cord around the top outside of the pail.

Tie a knot in the corner of the bag so it doesn't fall in.

Both are free to me.

But you have a clever idea think it will make you some money from home onwers.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
I can grab an old bungee cord around the top outside of the pail.

Tie a knot in the corner of the bag so it doesn't fall in.

Both are free to me.

But you have a clever idea think it will make you some money from home onwers.
Problem with a bungee cord is that it does not allow the air to release between the wall of the receptacle and the bag itself, causing a ballooning effect. It shuts off your opening. Plus it takes awhile to attach the bungee. Also, you're likely using a round receptacle, which will roll side to side when you set it on its side. Also, there is very little of the lip of a round receptacle that will touch the ground. With Grainger's receptacle you have a 23"x23" opening to plow your debris in. The 23" is approximately the width of the rake prongs, a huge opening. You can fill a 55 gallon bag in 20 seconds and it doesn't take any time at all to set up. You put your bag in the receptacle, slap the attachment over a side and tip the receptacle over on its opposite side. If you look at my website, you will see that I filled 18 fifty five gallon bags in 30 minutes with little effort
Old 08-23-2012, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I don't want to be negative but most of us don't use plastic bags. If any of us do its just the highschool kids who don't know any better.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
Problem with a bungee cord is that it does not allow the air to release between the wall of the receptacle and the bag itself, causing a ballooning effect. It shuts off your opening. Plus it takes awhile to attach the bungee. Also, you're likely using a round receptacle, which will roll side to side when you set it on its side. Also, there is very little of the lip of a round receptacle that will touch the ground. With Grainger's receptacle you have a 23"x23" opening to plow your debris in. The 23" is approximately the width of the rake prongs, a huge opening. You can fill a 55 gallon bag in 20 seconds and it doesn't take any time at all to set up. You put your bag in the receptacle, slap the attachment over a side and tip the receptacle over on its opposite side. If you look at my website, you will see that I filled 18 fifty five gallon bags in 30 minutes with little effort
I ran out of time before I could add text in my original post, so I had to repost. Sorry. To continue on, Grainger doesn't sell products for individuals. They serve industry, mostly all industry.

By the time you tie your bag tight around the opening of your receptacle and put the bungee cord on, you would likely have filled up a 55 gallon bag and have been moving on to another. You need to understand that it is practically unheard of that a company the size of Grainger would even intertain the thought of taking a phone call from an individual inventor/entrepreneur, like me, let alone to add them as a supplier. There is a reason that they brought my product along, and it's not because it will appeal to some homeowners. They see value in the product and it's evidenced in the price they've placed on it, $31.85. That's the price they determined they should sell it for, not me.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
I don't want to be negative but most of us don't use plastic bags. If any of us do its just the highschool kids who don't know any better.
That is a good point. What do you use?
Old 08-23-2012, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I mulch 50% or more maybe 20%-30% blow into a natural area on cutomers property and remainder is bagged with mower and then dumped into my trailer then unloaded at the local green waste dump where there can be no plastic bags.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Get grip high roller. I have three waste recycling centers within five miles of my home. They take leaves and grass clippings in the bag. drive up and chuck them in the dumpster. Most homes here do not have natural areas to blow the WASTE into. It is collected and hauled off in bags. Now back on topic. Slapon I congratulate you on inventing, manufacturing and marketing your product. Good luck and I hope you make a fortune.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I mulch 50% or more maybe 20%-30% blow into a natural area on cutomers property and remainder is bagged with mower and then dumped into my trailer then unloaded at the local green waste dump where there can be no plastic bags.
If you're talking about a push mower, aren't you stopping the mower a lot to empty the bagger. If so, isn't that a waste of time, having to stop the mower, detach the bagger, empty, reattach it, and start the mower again. Couldn't you use a mower to and blowers that continuously run to gather leaves and grass in a large pile, then bag them with this product. It just seems to me that that way would be much more efficient.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellB View Post
Get grip high roller. I have three waste recycling centers within five miles of my home. They take leaves and grass clippings in the bag. drive up and chuck them in the dumpster. Most homes here do not have natural areas to blow the WASTE into. It is collected and hauled off in bags. Now back on topic. Slapon I congratulate you on inventing, manufacturing and marketing your product. Good luck and I hope you make a fortune.
Thanks RussellB. Kind words are always appreciated. It's a tough crowd, and I understand their skepticism. But the product works. I did not get into this to get rich. I've had this idea since I was 18 and only decided to give it a try at age 47 because I didn't want to take the idea to my death bed. I didn't get into this, spending countless hours of work and worry and a spending lot of hard earned money for the purpose of getting rich, because I knew the odds were against me. It's all about the product. Always has been and always will be. I invented the product so that bagging leaves, one of the most arduous jobs in lawn care maintenance, could be made easy.