Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Weekend cut easymoney Weekend cut easymoney is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas-The Hilly part
Posts: 3,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Again, I think a short Youtube video will increase your sales. Granger is everywhere and they have counter sales. This means they do sale retail. Youtube could give you a lot of exposure. Just include a link to Granger.
great idea--
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Weekend cut easymoney Weekend cut easymoney is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas-The Hilly part
Posts: 3,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
Duekster, thanks for the suggestion. I do need to be able to shoot a meaningful video. I just addressed this on another post of mine, but the problem is that I am in McKinney, Tx and, as you probably know, we do not have a significant leaf problem down here like they do up north. Also, the leaves fall later here than up north. So shooting a meaningful video could be problematic for me. I've put out an offer for anyone that uses the Slap-on attachment to post it here. That would be a great help.
I suggest going to the GiE Expo in Tenn. this October and getting a small booth--
lots of innovative ideas were there last year--it would help to get some exposure-

For your video or to demonstate at the show....
while in Tenn. or when you drive up to Tenn. for the show, collect some bags of leaves or when you get to Louisville, drive through some neighborhoods and scout around for a bunch of leaves you can bag up and take to the show--

go out to the demo area and shoot your video-

info@gie-expo.com

or you could just go out and find some leaves...near where you live-post a craigs list ad!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:14 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
great idea--
I agree. It is a great idea. But I want it done right, which means that I need someone that is in the North do the video. It just is not the right set up down here in TX. Leaves do not start to really fall until late December and January, and there aren't really that many leaves as compared to the more northern states. I will consider any ideas you might have to get the video done, but I also need to be a good steward with what resources I have left. Thanks for your contribution.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:21 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
I suggest going to the GiE Expo in Tenn. this October and getting a small booth--
lots of innovative ideas were there last year--it would help to get some exposure-

For your video or to demonstate at the show....
while in Tenn. or when you drive up to Tenn. for the show, collect some bags of leaves or when you get to Louisville, drive through some neighborhoods and scout around for a bunch of leaves you can bag up and take to the show--

go out to the demo area and shoot your video-

info@gie-expo.com

or you could just go out and find some leaves...near where you live-post a craigs list ad!
You know, I've seen the show advertised on the web, and would be a great event to attend, but the financial commitment to rent out a booth and to be able pay for everything associated with getting myself up to the event and the costs associated with setting up the booth is untenable at this time. Perhaps the event is something that I may be able to consider for next year, though, with a little more planning. I may also be able to find another company that currently has a booth to sponsor my product at the event, which would be a lot more affordable. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Sometimes you can find a decent deal for a professional video production for less than $500.00.

Keep in mind too, there is more than just leaves....

Could be clippings from shrubs. Think dude.

I would make a series of them each with different key words.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:46 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Sometimes you can find a decent deal for a professional video production for less than $500.00.

Keep in mind too, there is more than just leaves....

Could be clippings from shrubs. Think dude.

I would make a series of them each with different key words.
That could be true. The last video I did cost me $1,200. The main reason I want to shoot leaves being picked up in a video is that I'm sure it is something that you professionals can relate to. That is why I want to get the video as realistic as possible to a setting you may encounter at work. For instance, the spokeswoman that I have in my video on www.slapon.net did a great job, but I am not sure you can relate to her raking artificial leaves on a clear day in Dallas, TX.

I would simply prefer a time lapsed video of a massive pile of leaves being bagged, or a side to side comparison of different methods used to bag leaves. I may be able to do that down here, but, for leaves, I would have to wait until January before there are enough leaves on the ground to cut the video. Traveling up north is not going to be possible this Fall. I could consider other settings, though, such as a construction site cleanup, or something similar. Thanks again for your contribution. It means a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
That could be true. The last video I did cost me $1,200. The main reason I want to shoot leaves being picked up in a video is that I'm sure it is something that you professionals can relate to. That is why I want to get the video as realistic as possible to a setting you may encounter at work. For instance, the spokeswoman that I have in my video on www.slapon.net did a great job, but I am not sure you can relate to her raking artificial leaves on a clear day in Dallas, TX.

I would simply prefer a time lapsed video of a massive pile of leaves being bagged, or a side to side comparison of different methods used to bag leaves. I may be able to do that down here, but, for leaves, I would have to wait until January before there are enough leaves on the ground to cut the video. Traveling up north is not going to be possible this Fall. I could consider other settings, though, such as a construction site cleanup, or something similar. Thanks again for your contribution. It means a lot.
I do not want to be rude but most people will tune out 10 seconds in to that video. They will never see how it works. More action with voice over. If you are going to show that much of the host she should be very hot with less clothes.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I do not want to be rude but most people will tune out 10 seconds in to that video. They will never see how it works. More action with voice over. If you are going to show that much of the host she should be very hot with less clothes.
She offered to wear less clothes. I didn't think it was a good idea at the time. Probably a good decision on my part.

How is this for an idea? I agree to provide a lawn care expert that does business up north (IN, IL, PA OH, etc.) a receptacle, the Slap-on attachment and a case of can liners, and he, in turn, creates a nice time lapsed video using the products in his daily work? We can then do a voice over as you suggested.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-24-2012, 08:28 PM
slapon slapon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I do not want to be rude but most people will tune out 10 seconds in to that video. They will never see how it works. More action with voice over. If you are going to show that much of the host she should be very hot with less clothes.
Actually, regarding chicks in hot clothes, a guy that works out at the same gym as I suggested that I get some hot chicks in bikinis to do the video. Good idea or not? What do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Weekend cut easymoney Weekend cut easymoney is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas-The Hilly part
Posts: 3,663
my suggestion would be to call 2-3 large companies in Dallas or closer to your home and ask them if you could haul off 20-30 bags of leaves...

take those bags and dump them on one small area of your lawn and have one guy bagging them back up...20-30 seconds.....this does no have to be a professional video.....just enough to show your product-
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Page generated in 0.10160 seconds with 10 queries