Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Member

husqvarna commercial good, bad????

hey im new to this site and ive been cutting commercially for a while now and i was running a scag freedom z 48" with the extended life briggs and stratton, it hit 1450 hours so i bought a new husqvarna pzt 5224 and i love the mower personally, all though i still have a 2002 scag walk behind sw-48 i am looking to upgrade soon, anybody using husky walks please let me know about your husky. thanks
Old 08-24-2012, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I has wondering the same thing about there walk behinds. I've never seen on here where people talk about them, but if there built like the pz or lz they should be good mowers. I have the LZ6127 and happy with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-24-2012, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Member

yea i really like mine and here in vermont husqvarna is becoming very popular. mostly it use to be all exmark, toro, bobcat,scag, and kubota and hustler are few and far between but recently ive seen seven different trucks with husky mowers and exmarks are fading away but what husky offers for 8200 exmark cant which i think is why im seeing alot and also i correctional crews use alot of husky walks so they can def handle abuse
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-24-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Cheers fellow Vermonter! I have not seen many husky walk behinds, most are using the bobcats and toros down this way in the burlington area, I personally like the Ferris. I run an IS 2000 z and plan on purchasing a ferris comfort control in the spring. If you do get one keep me posted on how it does.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Hollow Lawn Care View Post
Cheers fellow Vermonter! I have not seen many husky walk behinds, most are using the bobcats and toros down this way in the burlington area, I personally like the Ferris. I run an IS 2000 z and plan on purchasing a ferris comfort control in the spring. If you do get one keep me posted on how it does.
ok so i tried a used 2006 wh4817 hydro.......i really love it the floating deck with on the fly height change abilities. it handled well in tight areas and on hills, but for me what really impressed me the most was its cutting abilities in wet grass it cut well.......but here iit comes my scag belt drives cuts amazingly but id say the husky cuts almost as good given the husky had high lift blades and so does my scag it was an apples to apples comparison my vote goes to scag because they have really good decks, the new husky with the pistol grips that i tried was a little better and i likes that better than my scag but that was brand new with an 18 hp kawi
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
husqvarna